What's new

Sx Mini Vs...

It'll be interesting to hear an update if you decide to stock Smok's again and have a sample size greater than one. This was where they fell down before, if you got a good one, you were laughing but QC issues let them down unfortunately.

We have had them in the shops since release. Not one return so far, which is very odd. One of the staff also has one, not one chip, miss fire or issue either.

It'll be interesting to hear an update if you decide to stock Smok's again and have a sample size greater than one. This was where they fell down before, if you got a good one, you were laughing but QC issues let them down unfortunately.

I've been looking at the smok r kiss for a cheap work mod, it's tiny for a dual 18650.

I have the T Priv3 and the X Priv, and while the X Priv is too pretty to use and is in my display cabinet, the T Priv3 has been brilliant.

Still running my Smok Alien from the first batch, no issues at all. recently bought a species and so far has also been great. On the other hand a few years ago now i bought one of the first batch of the Yihi M Class, (went back paint flaked off) after a lot of hassle YIHI eventually replaced it. The replacement ran for a year and just died one morning. Also within that period i have had two DNA 200 boards fail (replaced by Evolv)

Yet to have any other manufacturers board fail in nearly 5 years vaping, even the Spinner v2's we both started vaping with still work lol

We have had them in the shops since release. Not one return so far, which is very odd. One of the staff also has one, not one chip, miss fire or issue either.
My Missus has gone through two of these in the last 6 weeks. Fire button issues - or so I thought but no, it seems that the small tang on the trigger snaps off very easily. The first one was returned and the second I am working on a modification to fix it. Sooner or later, they will fail as the trigger is die cast and very thin (0.25mm) where the tang (which presses directly onto the fire button) joins it. Die cast is very brittle.

My Missus has gone through two of these in the last 6 weeks. Fire button issues - or so I thought but no, it seems that the small tang on the trigger snaps off very easily. The first one was returned and the second I am working on a modification to fix it. Sooner or later, they will fail as the trigger is die cast and very thin (0.25mm) where the tang (which presses directly onto the fire button) joins it. Die cast is very brittle.
I got mine in January and no issues, one of the few mods I use daily, perhaps I got a good batch, where is the tang? top or bottom of the fire bar?

I have the T Priv3 and the X Priv, and while the X Priv is too pretty to use and is in my display cabinet, the T Priv3 has been brilliant.

I had a clear out of some of my Smok collection but the T-Priv 3 is a keeper, works perfect with the Freemax Mesh Pro.

Also within that period i have had two DNA 200 boards fail (replaced by Evolv)

I've just had a DNA75c board fault, it's overheating in standby, stripped it down to check it wasn't a wiring fault but it's definitely the board so now bin fodder, gutted as I love the DNA boards.

I got mine in January and no issues, one of the few mods I use daily, perhaps I got a good batch, where is the tang? top or bottom of the fire bar?

I had a clear out of some of my Smok collection but the T-Priv 3 is a keeper, works perfect with the Freemax Mesh Pro.

I've just had a DNA75c board fault, it's overheating in standby, stripped it down to check it wasn't a wiring fault but it's definitely the board so now bin fodder, gutted as I love the DNA boards.
The tang is on the top of the fire bar, underneath the ‘lid’. I am experimenting with drilling the bar and fitting a button with an extension to press the fire button. I am modifying the bar from the other side to replace the fire bar and I’ll either glue the original fire bar to the other side or fix something to it to go under the lid to hold it in place. I will get it working again but there ain’t much room to manoeuvre

Success! I have made a suitable modification to the R-KISS. With the mod dismantled, I swapped the side plates so what was the trigger bar is now glued to the opposite side. I drilled a hole in the other plate to accommodate a button. This button is glued to a thin strip of sprung steel which is fettled such that when installed, it will operate the fire button under the top cover. I had to remove some material from under the top cover and also the plastic body on the firing side of the mod to accommodate the new system - but it works and it looks good. The only drawback is that as the operating button is small, it's not as comfortable to use but it'll do for a spare.

I do laugh when folk rate battery life so highly. As far as I'm aware running your cells low does not give you a more powerful erection, it only shortens the life of your cells.

Back
Top Bottom