What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sx Mini Vs...

"Samantha"

Achiever
You'll not believe these rest of the title...

Yes Smok!

My husband bought the Peacemaker xl and had been using it on the G-class as it suited it best.
But was changing batteries every few hours.
Last night he got fed up and put the Peacemaker on the Species.
This was his thoughts that he posted on our vape group.

"I was using this tank on my Gclass & the batteries died for probably the fifth time today.
As a little test, I stuck the depleted batteries into my Species mod & whacked the tank on. Same wattage & changed the hit to hard to be the same as my Gclass settings.
Batteries still have plenty of life in them!
I swear to god this mod hits better too.
It's a Smok.
This shouldn't happen.
I'm going to say it...
I prefer my Smok Species over my SX Mini GClass
Finally, I've found an issue with the mod! It's genuinely took some time
I was about to update the picture with the puff count to show how much longer these batteries are going for.
When the mod has the screen turned off (that's how I use it) it doesn't register any toots on the puff counter.
I knew I'd be able to criticise Smok for something "

I bought him the Species as a bit of a joke but as it was on offer I couldn't resist. For a £200 mod to be replaced by a £16 Smok it just needed a thread.
Smok have seriously upped their game on the last few devices.
All you Smok haters will think I'm lying but I'm just as shocked as you.

FB_IMG_1547799029254.jpg

Hi. Sure its not just a matter of the other mod being dodgy?
Kinda sounds like it.

I must have been lucky, still have in use one of the first Alien mods which has never missed a beat. Even the paintwork has remained pretty good considering the use its had.
I got a Species during the sales and again it has been flawless.I use it mostly for dripping, and ramping up the hit setting gives nearly instant hit.

Battery life on the G class isn't great, cell cut off is set too high. I have to swap out even though batteries show 3.4/5v. Most other mods cutoff is around 3.1/2v & DNA's can be set lower in Escribe.

They get such a bad rep but they have knocked out some crap over the years, but the Species is a real step up

I sold my Alien last year but as far as I know it is still going.

I must have been lucky, still have in use one of the first Alien mods which has never missed a beat. Even the paintwork has remained pretty good considering the use its had.
I got a Species during the sales and again it has been flawless.I use it mostly for dripping, and ramping up the hit setting gives nearly instant hit.

I have a Gclass a q class 2 sx350j and a few other Yihi chipped mods. The cell cut off is set to high on some Yihi chips mainly their high end chips. But FFS no smok mod is better than a Yihi mod. The Smok will probably not out live the g class and it won't be as accurate for TC. This is just My opinion of course but i'd rather change my batteries often than stoop to buying a Smok mod again, or a squid product. The Serpent elevate is apparently as good as the Squid RTA but will need less power than the Squid or at least that's what the Bogan has said.

So what your basicly saying is that Smok has gone from being bollox to being the dogs bollox...lol

They are improving yes it seems. I would recommend them lately anyway. What started out as a joke has become a true laughing matter but for all the opposite reasons. The hubby loves it! And he was the first to remove them from the shop when we had a hundred Aliens back :p

Back
Top Bottom