What's new

switching to short fills question

GeekyLegion

I want to switch to short fills after over a year of using the pre-made 10ml bottles. i just wanted to know if my set up will work or do i need to replace anything. i currently use a innokin itazte kroma battery with a justfog q 16 tank. will i need a new tank or will this one work?

hi and welcome to the planet @GeekyLegion

what mod (battery) are you using and is it a variable wattage which you can turn up/down.
me dont know that tank so google shows https://www.vipelectroniccigarette.co.uk/clearomizer-tanks/product/justfog-q16-clearomizer
it has a 1.6ohm coil so these are better with 50vg/50pg juice
now the majority off shortfills are 70vg/30pg with zero nic so may be a bit thick (hopeffuly someone can clarify what the coils are like).
what strength nicotine do you normally use?
a lot of shortfill suppliers supply 100%VG nic shots so will make it even thicker but you can get 50/50 nic shots or even 100%PG shots which will give more of a throat hit but keep the juice thinner.

here is our recommended list. have a look at simons list on post 7 for mouth to lung juice as there maybe some shortfills on his list and hopefully others will come up with other suggestions POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

i can adjust the wattage etc on my battery. i use 16mg liquids at the moment. i was told i could add nic shots to short fills to make it up to around 16mg but i would dilute the taste a little.i admit i'm confused about the whole 70/30 thing.

Manabush do some 50/50 shortfils
I’ve started using 70/30 shortfils and add 8/9ml of 100% p.g 72mg nic to get to a rough 12mg end product.

i can adjust the wattage etc on my battery. i use 16mg liquids at the moment. i was told i could add nic shots to short fills to make it up to around 16mg but i would dilute the taste a little.i admit i'm confused about the whole 70/30 thing.
The strongest nic shot you can buy over the counter is 20mg. To get a 16mg total you'd need 80% nic shot to 20% juice so to say that it would dilute the taste "a little" is something of an understatement. Shortfills aren't really suitable for anything stronger than about 6mg. If you want high nic strength but don't want to carry on with pre-made liquids, your only other real option is to go full DIY.

16mg ouch, as Andy said, you would have no taste of flavour as you would be diluting it so much.

just to clarify what AJT said about 72% nicotine. this is now illegal to sell to general public thanks to the TPD law. its still cough cough available but we cant talk about it on an open forum.
using 72% you would need a lot less added to a shortfill to get to your desired strength as of course its a lot lot stronger.

Following on from @MrDJ 's suggestion, to be exact if you were to add 14.28ml of 72mg nic to a 50ml shortfill you'd get a 16mg juice, with the nic making up 22.2% of the total. Compare this with the standard 5:1 ratio of shortfills - i.e. the nic is 16.7% of the total - and you'll see that it's still going to be a bit more diluted than normal. Also, by this method if you were to use PG based nic with a 70/30 shortfill, your finished juice would be about 55VG/45PG which is a much more suitable mix for an MTL setup.

Back
Top Bottom