What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sucralose in e liquid bad for health

Badayuni

Postman
I'm sure this has been discussed many times before.

From what I can see the main killer of coils is sucralose that is present in e liquid.

When i change my stock coils weekly, seeing that black caramelized gunk is horrid. I don't vape particularly sweet juice, I don't vape any desserts

My question is, if it's doing that to coils what could sucralose potential be doing to my body?

There is no research really that can answer this question, I'm sure in the future maybe 5 to 10 years down the line it will be much better understood.

Do you think it could be damaging to health?

Yes.

It was discussed many times back in the day and the upshot was most saying to stay clear.

The question is relative. Is it worse than smoking? No, no it isn’t.

Yes.

It was discussed many times back in the day and the upshot was most saying to stay clear.

The question is relative. Is it worse than smoking? No, no it isn’t.

I agree it wont be worse then smoking

I've not seen many eliquid companies put on the ingredients they contain sucralose, most just say artifical flavourings.

Other then DIY'ing its difficult to know which manufacturers use it and which dont

Could be that sucralose in your vape will kill you.
Could be that watermellon flavour is deadly if you vape it for forty years.
Could be a component of baccy flavours will cause your balls to fall off.
could be...., could be....

Either wait and see or, stop vaping, or vape the simplest possible vape mixture without flavour.

I agree it wont be worse then smoking

I've not seen many eliquid companies put on the ingredients they contain sucralose, most just say artifical flavourings.

Other then DIY'ing its difficult to know which manufacturers use it and which dont
Sucralose will be a component of many many DIY concentrates you buy also

I'm sure this has been discussed many times before.

From what I can see the main killer of coils is sucralose that is present in e liquid.

When i change my stock coils weekly, seeing that black caramelized gunk is horrid. I don't vape particularly sweet juice, I don't vape any desserts

My question is, if it's doing that to coils what could sucralose potential be doing to my body?

There is no research really that can answer this question, I'm sure in the future maybe 5 to 10 years down the line it will be much better understood.

Do you think it could be damaging to health?
As stated it's a new process so the exact issue's that may occur through long term vaping are currently being tested with us.
That said their has been testing done on the effects of inhalation of all forms of sweeteners. Most of it in production factories. I worked as a consultant for a while and visited more food production companies than I can remember, many with employees dumping bags of sugar and sweeteners into vats constantly every day and apart from clothing and hair protection to safeguard the product I've never seen any one in face masks. Spice rooms however are airlocked and you have to dress like a deep sea diver with external air supplies to enter (they can seriously twist your mellon man).
You'll have to dig for test results but they're out there.

Back
Top Bottom