What's new

Struggling to taste the juice

Tommarv

Hi everyone - so I'm pretty new to vaping. Started a month or so back with the aspire pockex which was recommended to me at my local shop. Had a few different juices and really enjoyed it with decent flavour. This week I decided I wanted to take the next step having enjoyed the experience!

I was given a cool fire 4 (40w) and isub g. The tank hadn't been used in a few months and had an old 0.5 coil in. Checked online and found out how to rewick it which I've done and also bought an isub apex with the Clapton coils as I wanted a second tank with another flavour. I've now tried both tanks with several flavours and coils, and get plenty of cloud but I'm really struggling to taste the juice. I've seen different reviews online of people getting great flavour with similar setups, but right now the aspire is giving so much more.

I don't know if I'm just expecting it to taste better and I get hints of the juice coming through but it's not really enjoyable. Tried different wattage and adjusting airflow too.

Is the setup right, am I expecting too much or could I try anything different?

I've just had the same problem with an aspire cleito a friend has lent me to try. Good vapour but no taste. I've just stripped the tank down and cleaned everything with kitchen roll, I also stuffed some down the coil and it pulled out a bit of gunk. I put it back together and chucked some watermelon juice in I just mixed and I'm finally getting the amazing flavour everyone was talking about.
I think vapour lock was another problem because when I I crew the top cap air escapes from the wicking holes.

I also have the same problem with my melo 3 mini. I put a new coil in it yesterday and the flavour just isn't there, even after cleaning. Think I've got a bad coil. You may have also got a bad coil, it seems to happen more with aspire coils in my experience

I'll have to try cleaning them both out, although the apex was brand new out the box. And can the coil be duff although I've replaced the cotton inside it? i can't do that on the Isub claptons I don't think but could go get another of the standard horizontal 0.5 or 0.2s

Hi everyone - so I'm pretty new to vaping. Started a month or so back with the aspire pockex which was recommended to me at my local shop. Had a few different juices and really enjoyed it with decent flavour. This week I decided I wanted to take the next step having enjoyed the experience!

I was given a cool fire 4 (40w) and isub g. The tank hadn't been used in a few months and had an old 0.5 coil in. Checked online and found out how to rewick it which I've done and also bought an isub apex with the Clapton coils as I wanted a second tank with another flavour. I've now tried both tanks with several flavours and coils, and get plenty of cloud but I'm really struggling to taste the juice. I've seen different reviews online of people getting great flavour with similar setups, but right now the aspire is giving so much more.

I don't know if I'm just expecting it to taste better and I get hints of the juice coming through but it's not really enjoyable. Tried different wattage and adjusting airflow too.

Is the setup right, am I expecting too much or could I try anything different?
Hi Tommarv Its just a suggestion but i myself personally have experienced something similar to what you're going through at the moment and the only thing i could put it down too is either what they call 'Vapours Tongue' but seen as you've tried quite a few different flavours it might not be this, either way i was told myself to try drinking coffee more frequently or smoking menthol flavoured eliquid, it could also be that you've attempted to re-wick the tank yourself and although it may work such as its giving you plenty of vapour, it might not have been fully successful and that's what could be causing lack of flavour, My suggestion really if you don't think its vapours tongue i'd try another coil brand new, Perhaps try a different resistance such as 0.2, if that doesn't help perhaps try a new tank.
Kind regards
Jaime

Back
Top Bottom