What's new

Strive vaping kit - CE5 thread type for replacement clearomiser?

mojofilters

Initiate
I've very recently started vaping and bought a Strive Touch starter kit from my chemist.

Unfortunately they neglected to tell me they were stopping selling Strive and have no replacement clearomisers, which I really need one right now! I've checked on the web all day but cannot find information about the correct replacement clearomisers.

I have seen lots for sale, but don't know / can't tell if my battery takes a 510 or ego male / female type replacement?

If someone could tell me what type and / or brand replacement is compatible, I'd be very grateful!

Unfortunately I also can't tell if my clearomiser is a CE5 or CE5s, though I suspect that does not change things. There is very little information about this particular brand, apart from a few online sellers.

I've read that a better type replacement would be one of the Aspire range. I like this idea, as the coils can be replaced seperately saving money.

Ideally I'm looking to buy replacements from Amazon UK (have credit there) but would like to be able to attend least find a shop ASAP selling the right replacement for now.

If there are better kits than Strive, once I've fixed my immediate problem I'll be happy to buy a new full kit, that will work out more economical in the long term. If I can just buy replacement tanks for my Strive battery that will also be good, unless it'll work out more expensive in the long term.

I'm not a heavy smoker, but really like this vaping business and plan to continue long term. I just seem to have made a potential error with my initial purchase!

Many thanks in advance for all and any help :-)

I've very recently started vaping and bought a Strive Touch starter kit from my chemist.

Unfortunately they neglected to tell me they were stopping selling Strive and have no replacement clearomisers, which I really need one right now! I've checked on the web all day but cannot find information about the correct replacement clearomisers.

I have seen lots for sale, but don't know / can't tell if my battery takes a 510 or ego male / female type replacement?

If someone could tell me what type and / or brand replacement is compatible, I'd be very grateful!

Unfortunately I also can't tell if my clearomiser is a CE5 or CE5s, though I suspect that does not change things. There is very little information about this particular brand, apart from a few online sellers.

I've read that a better type replacement would be one of the Aspire range. I like this idea, as the coils can be replaced seperately saving money.

Ideally I'm looking to buy replacements from Amazon UK (have credit there) but would like to be able to attend least find a shop ASAP selling the right replacement for now.

If there are better kits than Strive, once I've fixed my immediate problem I'll be happy to buy a new full kit, that will work out more economical in the long term. If I can just buy replacement tanks for my Strive battery that will also be good, unless it'll work out more expensive in the long term.

I'm not a heavy smoker, but really like this vaping business and plan to continue long term. I just seem to have made a potential error with my initial purchase!

Many thanks in advance for all and any help :-)
Have a look at the aspire k2 or k3 starter kits on amazon. About £25. Very reliable and simple. Many can offer more advice of more advanced kits but if you want a simple setup this is perfect. The k2 coils are cheaper (£6 ish for five) but the k3 is probably better as it takes a larger coil which is more versatile with liquids. Downside is the coils are nearer a tenner for five.

I should add that many liquids you see mentioned on here are very thick and can only be used in specialized kits or coils that are made by hand.

Simong has a thread dedicated to mtl liquids. These are all suitable for the above devices as is the liquid you have already tried.
Hope that helps.

See this picture, you should be able to tell from this what you have. I would guess it’s probably an ego, though. You can also buy adapters. You could always take it into a vape shop and ask for a tank suitable for the battery.

clearo-threading_wm.jpg

Thank you for your response! From the look of the pictures mine is clearly an ego.

However I understand there are male and female versions. My tank has another smaller screw thread inside, forming a circle outside the little cylinder sticking out. Does that change things?

I've read about companies like Blu changing their design and upsetting customers who could not fit their new tanks to the old batteries.

Unfortunately I don't live near any vape shops. Only Asda sells vaping kit near me. My mistake was buying it from their pharmacy, not the cigarette counter. I've been in and asked the staff at both, but they are clueless and all their tanks etc are sealed up so I can't try and fit one to my battery.

Many thanks again for your excellent picture. I apologise for my newbie complications and confusion!

From the pics in this link, it looks like a standard EGO thread and a standard CE5 clearomiser, where the thread is on the outside of the battery and the inside of the clearomiser base.

http://strivevaping.co.uk/what-is-vaping

Any EGO clearomiser (CE4, CE5, K1, ET, ET-S etc) should fit. Have a look on Amazon.

From the pics in this link, it looks like a standard EGO thread and a standard CE5 clearomiser, where the thread is on the outside of the battery and the inside of the clearomiser base.

http://strivevaping.co.uk/what-is-vaping

Any EGO clearomiser (CE4, CE5, K1, ET, ET-S etc) should fit. Have a look on Amazon.

Thanks for clearing that up. I've been looking all over the net for this simple advice, but despite all the help on offer, I couldn't find anything that made it so simple!

I've managed to buy a Strive clearomiser, but at £4 each it seems expensive. Curiously the only web sales I can find cost even more.

I've heard good things about Aspire. Having looked on Amazon, the K3 looks good value, as the starter kit is only slightly more than the K2. I'm a bit concerned about some of the negative reviews there. The ability to replace coils is appealing, but there seemed to be a few folks having problems making them work.

I noticed the same issues cropped up on the negative reviews for both the K2 and K3. Are these probably just a few people who can't cope with something slightly complicated, or is there a genuine issue around the build quality of those Aspire devices?

Now I've got a few weeks grace before I need to either commit to another system, try another make of tank, or maybe source a cheap supply of Strive tanks.

Is there another ego tank device you would recommend to try with my existing battery?

I would like a more powerful hit and taste, but don't really think I want to go all the way to sub ohming ... at least not yet.

Thanks once again to everyone here who has provided so much kind help. I'm sure you get these questions from dumb novices all the time, hence I really appreciate your patience and expertise!

Not sure the 510 thread above will work with your battery. Perhaps you could post a pic looking into the battery connection at an angle, as it looks like an EGO rather than a 510 to me.

As for getting a more powerful hit and taste, there's not a lot of scope with EGO clearomisers, although if you get one with changeable coils, like the CE5 or ET, you can try a range of coils in them.

It all depends on whether you want to stick with the battery you have for a month or so, or go on to something a little more sophisticated.

I quit smoking with a very similar device. I'd avoid the CE4 or CE5 type jobbies, they're very hit and miss how long they last. They used to drive me to distraction! I got an Aspire K1 tank and an extra ego battery - that finally got me completely off the cigs.

The mini protank 2 and 3 both work well on an ego type battery.
I still use a mini protank 2 ego setup for when I'm in the car.

Back
Top Bottom