What's new

Storing nic in a freezer.

Tazz

Legend
Hi everyone. Gonna be storing nic in my freezer/fridge freezer. Have read up a bit and just want to be sure as the best advice I'd trust from people I know here. All my nic was previously easy mix, lower levels, that I didn't need to worry about as I'd get it when I needed. But now, with the upcoming regs here I'm gonna have to store for long term.
Some amber glass bottles are incoming as is the nic.
What I want to be sure of is this.
The Nic is in PG. Heard/read maybe better in VG, but this is my only option here. In PG.
So, fill the bottles of Nic in PG to the top/rim or leave a slight gap?

The regs here in the UK changed a while back so I stocked up and have 100ml bottles of VG-based 72 nic in the freezer. I haven't noticed any appreciable expansion/contraction, which doesn't surprise me as it doesn't actually freeze, it remains liquid. It does become more viscous the colder it gets but the volume doesn't seem to vary. I'd be inclined to leave a gap anyway as a brimmed bottle is going to be a bit trickier to handle.

I've got VG and PG nic in the freezer @Tazz and has been for approaching 3 years. Still no change in quality. I store them in the Amber 500ml bottles they came in until I need to use one, at which point I decant into 5x 100ml Amber bottles.

Sorry, didn't answer the full question.
Yup I fill right to the top when I decant. PG or VG I don't think really matters, but isolated they are both preservatives - with PG having a longer shelf life than VG. Also VG nic has to be thoroughly defrosted before you use it because it's like treacle otherwise.

Yep 200mg nic stored in the freezer in the bottles that they come in.
When I need it I decant into smaller bottles for use.
Been doing this for years with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom