What's new

Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA - quad coil build and much more!

Yeah, don't unscrew the deck. Unscrew the tank to get the air holes lined up.

But then it moves really is easily. I must be lucky that kine is stable when the deck is losend a bit. Or, you could sand it down. Pretty easy to do, I've done it to one of mine.

But then it moves really is easily. I must be lucky that kine is stable when the deck is losend a bit. Or, you could sand it down. Pretty easy to do, I've done it to one of mine.
Yeah that's the best solution really isn't it. If my new V2 bases don't line up I'm going straight in with the sandpaper this time.

Yeah that's the best solution really isn't it. If my new V2 bases don't line up I'm going straight in with the sandpaper this time.

I think scrumpox said they don't. Takes 2 mins to sand down.

How do you like yours?

I like to see the posts and the grub screws on 2 holes and the coils directly in the other holes.

I think scrumpox said they don't. Takes 2 mins to sand down.

How do you like yours?

I like to see the posts and the grub screws on 2 holes and the coils directly in the other holes.
Yes, same here except I use the 2 hole band so just have them facing the coils.

Similar to above I would like to know the best/cheapest place to buy the upgrade kit (V1 to V2). Fasttech seem to sell the full V2 kit but the shipping date seems to get longer and longer and the price is not that great. I am really liking the V1 but struggling with vertical coils and dry hits. I currently have a dual coil inclined (ID 3mm .40 Kanthal six wraps @ .49 ohms) which is wicking OK but not amazing. My last build was a very shoddy horizontal affair that looked like shit but tasted/wicked great. I seem to find this a lot with my coil builds in general (the shoddy looking efforts work far better than the photogenic ones). I keep trying to tweak the wicking but can't seem to get a vertical setup to work.

Try a diagonal build. I couldn't get my vertical coils to wick. Diagonal works great.

Attachments

• 1458078611026.jpg
    1458078611026.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 279
I thought my 'inclined' builds were diaganolish but comparing the two photos I realise I need to make them more acutely diagonal. I also didn't realise that I only needed 1 wick tail per coil with an inclined build. Its really hard to estimate how long to leave the trailing wick. Most online sources say to cut flush with the outer deck but I find this too much and blocks the juice holes. I tend to split the muji cotton at about 0.8cm to get a snuggish fit and then pancake as per standard Subtank wicking procedure. Should I pancake and prime with juice before packing the wick into the well or just thin and fluff up dry?

Attachments

• IMG_20160315_221429.jpg
    IMG_20160315_221429.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_20160315_221512.jpg
    IMG_20160315_221512.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_20160315_221519.jpg
    IMG_20160315_221519.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 274
I thought my 'inclined' builds were diaganolish but comparing the two photos I realise I need to make them more acutely diagonal. I also didn't realise that I only needed 1 wick tail per coil with an inclined build. Its really hard to estimate how long to leave the trailing wick. Most online sources say to cut flush with the outer deck but I find this too much and blocks the juice holes. I tend to split the muji cotton at about 0.8cm to get a snuggish fit and then pancake as per standard Subtank wicking procedure. Should I pancake and prime with juice before packing the wick into the well or just thin and fluff up dry?
My main reason for that build was ease of getting the right tension in the coil with the wick because you end up with it too tight or too loose as the wick is being pulled through at an angle once it goes past the deck. More importantly it is easier to LAY the cotton on the juice holes rather than stuffing them under the coil.

Given the angle of my coils should I be using 2 wick tails per coil or one? I get what you are saying about the wick doing a hard right angle and the implications for optimum juice flow. Still, I keep reading about vertical Aromamizer builds that are awesome as standard (with theoretically zero wick angle tension). I have tried vertical Claptons and Kanthal but keep getting dry hits. My slightly inclined builds are vaping Ok but not as well as my first horizontal builds. I tweaked the photo build earlier by raising both coils up from the deck a touch (effectively shortening the wick) and can definitely taste a positive difference and smoother draw. As far as tension goes I tend to pull it back and forth and twist a bit until it doesn't move the coil.

I then usually fire up the ohm meter, cross my fingers and pray to the next available God because coil building always seems like a very peculiar game of chance and equipment.

The information in this thread convinced me to do a vertical build when I first got my Aromamizer. Worked like a charm, I have yet to have a dry hit.

Back
Top Bottom