What's new

Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA - quad coil build and much more!

Just got another RDTA and have noticed that the airholes dont line up with the coil. My old one lined up fine. Is there any way to fix this?

The vape is still good but I am sure it must affect it in some way as its very indirect.

I always blame me rather than the aromamizer - I love it when it's right and when it's not it's down to me. Gone for the upgrade bits as I fly and travel a lot and the rubber ring moves and I get a leak - hoping the new design will be better, but also interested in the supreme as it has a juice lock (whatever that is) - I have learnt to wrap them in paper towels and put in a bag, but when I land and rebuild it, there is often no juice left and the look I get on the plane when filling up is even better than I used to get when rolling a new ciggy!!

Stand the tanks on their heads at least during take off and landing. No leaks. Brilliant!

Just got another RDTA and have noticed that the airholes dont line up with the coil. My old one lined up fine. Is there any way to fix this?

The vape is still good but I am sure it must affect it in some way as its very indirect.

Just unscrew the deck slightly until it lines up. There is an O ring under the deck so no need to worry about leakage. I get better airflow when it isn't lined up but it's a tad harsh. Less air flow when lined up. I guess you can't have your juice AND vape it haha.

Well it was nice knowing you guys...
TWdN1TH.jpg

I want to get into coil building and it seems the Aromamizer RDTA is a good starting point. I keep reading about a V2 but where can I preorder from?

Similar to above I would like to know the best/cheapest place to buy the upgrade kit (V1 to V2). Fasttech seem to sell the full V2 kit but the shipping date seems to get longer and longer and the price is not that great. I am really liking the V1 but struggling with vertical coils and dry hits. I currently have a dual coil inclined (ID 3mm .40 Kanthal six wraps @ .49 ohms) which is wicking OK but not amazing. My last build was a very shoddy horizontal affair that looked like shit but tasted/wicked great. I seem to find this a lot with my coil builds in general (the shoddy looking efforts work far better than the photogenic ones). I keep trying to tweak the wicking but can't seem to get a vertical setup to work.

Last edited:
Just unscrew the deck slightly until it lines up. There is an O ring under the deck so no need to worry about leakage. I get better airflow when it isn't lined up but it's a tad harsh. Less air flow when lined up. I guess you can't have your juice AND vape it haha.

I find my ohms jump around crazily if I unscrew the deck even a fraction.....
Then the deck always comes away with the tank. I find it better to assemble the deck in the base as normal and then screw on the tank, give a slight turn back to align if needed.
Or if this annoys you as much as it did me, I took some wet and dry to the airflow part and took off an gnat's whisker until it aligned correctly.....

Last edited:
I get pretty good flavour on my 3ml Aromamizer above 2 ml but find the flavour phenomenal at about 1ml and less. The trouble is it's such a hassle to refill (what with all the airhole seapage) that I can't be arsed to keep the juice at that level. Part of the problem is using 'Naturally Thinking' pipettes which make refilling the Aromamizer without wastage down the chimney or outer walls pretty near impossible. Do the juice flow stoppage & new AFC features on the V2 sort the seapage problems out?

Back
Top Bottom