What's new

Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA - quad coil build and much more!

scrumpox

Veteran
This is just for laughs really, but it does demonstrate the brilliance of this new Velocity-style 2 post deck . So much room to build on and it'll take much bigger coils than the previous 3 post deck. 2.5mm diameter is no longer a constraint for coils.

It's easy to build too. I've done quad coils before, in the 454 Big Block, but this is a breeze by comparison. Post holes are 2mm and the grub screws hold solidly.

I've got too much wick tail, will definitely trim them back next time, but it does wick amazingly well. Two of the four airflow holes hit the coils spot on, the other two hit the posts. Adjusting the airflow direction sees the wicks blocking it too much. Less wick might open up that option.

This build has 4 x 2.4mm coils, 9 wraps of .32 kanthal, giving 0.32ohms ... at 45-50 watts the clouds are dense though the flavour's not really better than with dual coils. I'm running my other RDTA with dual Titanium coils which is cooler, less cloudy (50% airflow) but just as tasty. I've never had so much fun building, if you have an RDTA this deck is a must. :)

Attachments

• Quad coil.jpg
    Quad coil.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 4,176
  • quad coil wicked.jpg
    quad coil wicked.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 2,053
Can't wait to get my hands on mine now [emoji3]. Have you unscrewed the deck a little bit to allow the juice to flow easier or have you screwed it right down?

I'm waiting for my deck from the US, was a pre order so hopefully arriving soon.

Can't wait to get my hands on mine now [emoji3]. Have you unscrewed the deck a little bit to allow the juice to flow easier or have you screwed it right down?
This juice is 80VG, the RDTA and Muji never has a problem wicking it, never had a dry hit ... so it's screwed home.

I'm waiting for my deck from the US, was a pre order so hopefully arriving soon.
Any day now. :)

You have to love how flexible this atty is ... with various decks you can swap between builds in minutes, change the airflow angles, swap between 6ml and 3ml formats with a cap change ... no leaks and no dry hits, dead easy to refill. This new deck allows us to put genuine RDA builds into a tank. It's genius, I'm loving it!

Well, I was waiting for the Cthulhu V2 but it seems to be having a velocity deck issue (see my other post).

Soooo, how do you get the Steam Crave Velocity package atm ..... direct order from the US ?

Ultimately the Steam Crave looks to be a better design of tank, as well as having the velocity deck so it's give in to shinyitis time :D

Well, I was waiting for the Cthulhu V2 but it seems to be having a velocity deck issue (see my other post).

Soooo, how do you get the Steam Crave Velocity package atm ..... direct order from the US ?

Ultimately the Steam Crave looks to be a better design of tank, as well as having the velocity deck so it's give in to shinyitis time :D
steamcrave.com
delivery in 6-8 days, free postage

Back
Top Bottom