What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Squid Industries Double Barrel mod 3FVape

Exactly that man. Real life always wins, although some people are a lot more dependent on places such as this than others for one reason or another. And in 2016 or 2017 I'd have understood that because it was somewhat of a haven, it was for me. A break from real life of you like. So to see it where its at, but also know what the reasons are behind it are used to be a bone of contention, then became upsetting and now its reached a point where you resign yourself to the fact it is what it is and won't change and you move on. But change is very, very much needed on mnay levels.

Christmas was chilled thanks bud. A bit blurry but that's self inflicted. New years will be spent with one wife and 2 dogs eating crap and drinking ale planning which resolutions im gonna break first.

I hope you're good too mate and have had a decent festive season [emoji4]
Thanks, I'm not really a Christmas person but it's been pretty good this year. Relaxed and without too much hassle from family .
[emoji38]

Thanks, I'm not really a Christmas person but it's been pretty good this year. Relaxed and without too much hassle from family .
[emoji38]
You're a good guy Mick, and there are many other good guys still regularly here too. Keep on keeping on innit. [emoji6]

it isnt, just look at wider society and see how polarised it is

Now
OP: Ive got a kylin its the best thing since sliced bread
response: FFS its a leaky piece of shit its a reload or nothing
OP: is it fuck you just dont know how to build a tank you fucking loser
response: fuck off
repeat ad infinitum until thread is locked

Thread of the year right there, oh how I hanker for the old annual polls.

...and I already apologised for posting about my Kylin.

@mick brown @Mutley1 @cheltenham cat @SirLugg @ZeroBass87 @Mawsley @Rob

Hi All,
I have left this thread alone for a week now for things to calm down.
It surprised me to see such a sudden rush of post regarding what is perceived as a modern trend on POTV of many threads culminating in arguments, bickering, and bitching.
Whilst this happens with some threads I am sure it is the minority, not the majority of threads.
Really it is only to be expected that this will happen in some instances, at the end of the day this is a forum, which by definition is a physical, or in modern times, an electronic virtual meeting of like minded people to discuss common thoughts, ideas, and issues.
This means that as we are a diverse species there will be many different thoughts on any subject, some people agreeing, some disagreeing, this is only natural.
It would make for a very boring existence (and forum) if everyone agreed with each other all the time.
For example “post #1 I think XXX mod is great”, this is quickly followed by another 30 posts saying “yeah I think it’s great to”
I think that the forum would very quickly have fewer, and fewer active members.
With people having different, opposing opinions on a subject there will be arguments, with varying levels of, for want of a better word, animosity.
Everyone has different triggers that can turn a simple argument into a full blown war of words. One of my personal ones is being talked down to, as if I were the stupidest creature in the universe. For example one of the posts about argumentative members generalized some members as “egotistical cockwombles” a comment likely to start an argument in itself.
It has been mentioned about the forum evolving since it’s inception, I have no doubt that it has, and will likely continue to evolve long into the future, that is only normal for any organization.
Also there was discussion of longer term members not making so many posts due to the argumentative nature of some threads, now this is only my opinion, but I think it is more the case that some members are less active the longer their time with the forum goes on. I find myself that although I try to help anyone I can with advice, and add anything I can to a general discussion that I make fewer posts over a period of time than I used to when I was a new member, despite having much more free time now than then.

Regards Badboybez

Long term members don’t post because they get bored, it’s that simple and it happens on every forum on teh netz.

Fortunately I have memory issues and a world famous sunny disposition, so this place is like The Truman Show for me.

baff.gif

If anyone came to this thread to read anything about my DB dead squid I can now finally rest assured something good will come out of it as @pdg and @vapesmarter both will try to work their magic on my original and dead replacement mods to create something new.
That’s what POTV is about...

Back
Top Bottom