What's new

Spool tamers

bellyman

Veteran
In a vain attempt to organise my shit I need to keep my wire under control.
Are spool tamers worth it/waste of money, or is a laggy band just as good?

If you use wire regularly the plastic dispenser section is handy, if not just use a band. I used to use Beadalons but they were a bit too wide for some of my spools, I think UD/Youde make some that are slightly thinner.

I use spool tamers on reels that are a standard size. Work well for me.

It's for the bigger reels so beadlons may be best?
There again, a packed lunch box with some holes poked in may be just as effective....

It's for the bigger reels so beadlons may be best?
There again, a packed lunch box with some holes poked in may be just as effective....

I have UD and Beadalon on my 50 metre reels but tamers are a bit big for 25 metre reels. For these I have magnets on them. I think Stealthvape wire comes with a free magnet

I use to use spool tamers but now use wide rubber bands like what the postie use they are just as good and do the job and the best thing about it that they are free.

I use to use spool tamers but now use wide rubber bands like what the postie use they are just as good and do the job and the best thing about it that they are free.
First I've heard of these, not come across them before.
Looks to be a wicked idea. I used to put nicks in the side of the spool to keep it in place, that got messy so started using electrical tape.
Think I might buy some of these and give them a go.
Rubber band sounds a good idea too.

is why I like Stealthvape for freebie rare earth magnets....

sure it doesn't completely tame it but it helps for sure
I'm sure there must be a Blue Peter sticky back plastic washing up bottle project out there

if you find it lmk, can send you a stamped address envelope btw...

but here's a badge in advance...

Blue_peter_badge.jpg

edit - my bad, forgot some might not like Auntie Beeb

so here is a more laid back chilled ITV version....

71DHukZoB0L.jpg

I put mine in a zip lock bag with the wire end poking through a tiny hole. Any excess bag folded over and taped not to tight so the reel can still turn in the bag. When i cut a piece of wire i bend 1cm of the remaining end wire to stop the end pulling back into the bag.

Back
Top Bottom