What's new

Spitback problem!

Kieran Woodward

Postman
Evening apes,

I have just started to have a problem with my Recurve RDA giving me some severe spitback. It was working fine during the week. Been on my tank all weekend and just picked up my squonker and now every time I fire it I get so much spitback. So uncomfortable.

I don't think it is a problem with there being too much juice on the wick and in the deck. Could it be anything else? Can anyone suggest a fix?

Evening apes,

I have just started to have a problem with my Recurve RDA giving me some severe spitback. It was working fine during the week. Been on my tank all weekend and just picked up my squonker and now every time I fire it I get so much spitback. So uncomfortable.

I don't think it is a problem with there being too much juice on the wick and in the deck. Could it be anything else? Can anyone suggest a fix?
More/tighter cotton or rewick.

Thanks mate. I've just re-wicked it and I'm not getting any spitback, but i'm also not getting any flavour now!

Think it's time to re-re-wick it!

0.33♧
20181209_212714.jpeg

Your coil looks like it could do with alittle dry burn and a clean the flavour comes from the surface area on the coil the more nooks and crannies means more surface area so when you have been useing it for a bit they get gunked up if that makes sense :) and as @StrawberryRipple says if the coil was higher that will help

Try spacing the coils slightly and dry burning it to clean. The picture you posted looks like it hasn't got enough cotton in it to me. My stock coils come out at 0.24 so not sure how your's is showing 0.33 . Make sure it's heating evenly.

Boom! Thanks guys.

Took it out, cleaned it up. Spaced it out a little and repositioned the coil. Now reading 0.26. Re-wicked it with a bit more cotton than I used the last 2 times and it is now hunky dory.

Thanks once again.

#OneTeamOneDream

Back
Top Bottom