What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sony VTC5A @ Fogstar

andy_fozzy

Postman
Hi all, I’ve just had an email from the amazing Fogstar to say they are doing 25% off the Sony VTC5A’s.
Wouldn’t mind getting some at this price, but the warning has worried me a little tbh.

When you click the link to the Sony site they are basically advising NOT using these cells for vaping.
I can’t imagine Fogstar selling anything dangerous but thought I’d check with you all first as I’m a little concerned...

Cheers
IMG_0238.jpg

That's just a disclaimer Fogstar was asked to place on the website by Sony.

Sony don't want to be sued if someone misuses one of there cells.

So they ask the vendors to put that warning, same as the Sony cells also have printed on them "not to be used outside a battery pack"

Yes I'm aware my 5A needs rewrapping from battery sweat.
1544608389974.jpeg

Hi if fogstar are selling em they are ok a lot of makers of batteries say this that they are not suitable for vaping i have some LG ones that have it printed on the side of the batteries i have been using them for over a year now and they are all ok.......

All flat topped 18650 batteries are designed to be used in sealed battery packs with the appropriate safety circuitry, as the batteries themselves have no build in protection circuits.

Samsung / Sony / Sanyo / LG ect make 18650s to be used within battery packs. IE laptops, power tools.

They aren't made specifically for vaping, we've just adopted them to use for vaping.

Some of the larger companies such as Sony are just covering there own backside incase someone misuses them and tries to then sue Sony / make a media storm that could damage there reputation.

Awesome, thanks chaps.

I did kind of guess this was the case, always best to check though :2thumbsup:
Definitely dude, the only stupid question is the one you're afraid to ask and then worry about / hurt yourself by not asking.

Sony are just covering there arse, vtc5a’s are a very good cell for vaping, as with any cell just don’t exceed the limits of the cell...

VTC-5's seem to be better liked than the VTC-6's. I was having a look at getting some this morning.
I can't find decent 20700 batt's anywhere at the moment for my hotly awaited Pulse 80, so good 18650's it's going to have to be.

Back
Top Bottom