What's new

Solar panel ego case for safari?

They look pretty handy and not only for e-cigs. I wonder how long it would take to charge though.

The Solar Panel PCC has a 150mAh Lithium Ion battery built into the case. Batteries can be charged using the USB chord or through solar power. The Solar Panel PCC is compatible with all Joye 510 batteries, eGo batteries and cell phones with USB chargers. It takes approx. 10 hours in direct sunlight to fully charge the built-in battery.

Case 150x90x52mm
Solar Panel 0.88w

Output 5v 500mAh

Quite a long charge but if you have no other method of charging, better than 'nought

Or you could invest in a PowerMonkey Explorer, like this http://www.maplin.co.uk/powermonkey-explorerandreg-220936 Not only can you charger your batteries, but your mobile and all sorts of other things too.
I have one, and it's great for topping up my phone if I'm away from power. I pop it on my rucksac or dashboard and it charges up in about 6 hours of bright sun. Great little gizmo :)
Andy

I'd also be thinking about taking along something that can plug into the cigarette lighter bit (or USB) of whatever vehicles (assuming driving) you are using . The drivers may be happy for you to use it in an emergency, possibly all the time. At the very least, this combined with the solar power provides options and backup. Never be caught without a backup.

I'd also consider a good 18650 mod anyway, the batteries will hold their charge for a good while.

I'd also consider high mg juice. I vape less when on higher nic juices. Three draws on 24mg and I'm satisfied nowadays, for a while at least. A battery lasts for ages when you aren't vaping as much.

Now that I think about it, I would be seriously considering a bag of baccy for dire emergency.

Actually, don't listen to me, at the rate I'm going you won't have room to carry a change of undercrackers for all the vaping supplies and backups I'd be considering.

Cheers guys for all the suggestions - I'm glad I chose to look into this with a few weeks to go... I will have a mooch at all the links and let you know where I end up!

I'd also be thinking about taking along something that can plug into the cigarette lighter bit (or USB) of whatever vehicles (assuming driving) you are using . The drivers may be happy for you to use it in an emergency, possibly all the time. At the very least, this combined with the solar power provides options and backup. Never be caught without a backup.

I'd also consider a good 18650 mod anyway, the batteries will hold their charge for a good while.

I'd also consider high mg juice. I vape less when on higher nic juices. Three draws on 24mg and I'm satisfied nowadays, for a while at least. A battery lasts for ages when you aren't vaping as much.

Now that I think about it, I would be seriously considering a bag of baccy for dire emergency.

Actually, don't listen to me, at the rate I'm going you won't have room to carry a change of undercrackers for all the vaping supplies and backups I'd be considering.

I shall you are a man after my own heart - the more I've been thinking about it, the more backups of backups have been going into my imaginary backpack!

http://www.chinavasion.com/china/wh..._Charger_Backpack_-_2200mAh_2.4W_Solar_Panel/

Looks to good to be true, you get the back pack as well lol £26 plus shipping.

MlhnxH4n.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom