What's new

soggy/wet vape

Homi576

Postman
Another day and another question in the every running search for the perfect vape.

Hay dudes, last night i started getting a very soggy/wet vape from my build. When I take a hit its like a film of juice is covering the inside of my mouth, not very pleasant. I thought it was to much juice getting to the wick so put in some more cotton but still the same, any ideas?

The juice is 70vg/30pg in a subtank mini with organic cotton wick. Vaping usually at 15-20 watts.

Have you tried a higher wattage? It might not be heating fast enough. Orrr if it is flooded blow through it so the spare juice comes out the airholes and give it a wipe. I don't know if this method is right but it works on my kayfun when it floods.
I'm sure someone with a subtank mini will be able to advise better on that.
Maybe post a pic of your build too?

Have you tried a higher wattage? It might not be heating fast enough. Orrr if it is flooded blow through it so the spare juice comes out the airholes and give it a wipe. I don't know if this method is right but it works on my kayfun when it floods.
I'm sure someone with a subtank mini will be able to advise better on that.
Maybe post a pic of your build too?

Yea tried higher wattage but still get the same result, its a 1 ohm coil so iy does take abit of time to heat up but was getting the same issue on a 0.8 and a 0.4 coil. I dont think its flooding just gave it a good blow and not a drop out of the airholes.

Ill up a pik when i get home.

I would imagine that would happen if the wick isn't absorbing the juice. Maybe positioning? When you are firing then the coil is directly heating the juice which would be causing the issue. I can't think of any other reason that would be happening if there are no leaks, blockages, or overfilling. Hopefully someone far more knowledgeable will have a quick fix. :)

Homi576 is the juice pretty thin? Cause I imagine that might cause it... 70vg juice is normally pretty thick and gloopy ... but if the vg was diluted it may be that... don't know really. .. No spitting or gurgling with it?

Homi576 is the juice pretty thin? Cause I imagine that might cause it... 70vg juice is normally pretty thick and gloopy ... but if the vg was diluted it may be that... don't know really. .. No spitting or gurgling with it?

The juices does seem to be diluted a fair bit, no spitting or gurgling, I've got other juice from the same source so will giv that a go

Can I make a suggestion as well? This has much more to do with Blowing Through than anything else.

Take the Atty off the Mod, remove the drip tip, get some tissue and place that over the drip tip hole, upend the atty so that the 510 is up in the air, cover the 510 with a finger and then blow gently through the airflow hole in the deck, any extra liquid will clear via the drip tip hole. If you do it the other way, i.e. blow through the drip tip all you'll do is jettison all of your liquid via the airflow hole and possibly the 510.

This is the traditional way of dealing with leaks and gurgles from Kayfun and Taifuns etc. Should work with the Subtank too.

This may be relevant, it may not - either way it's a decent tip.
Never leave your tank in the car all day. The warmth makes them leak, sometimes a little bit, sometimes a lot. If it's just a little leak it can cause a wet vape.

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

Other than the solid advice already given, I've found that a few tokes with your device upended (so that there's no juice being taken up) can sort things out. Not so many upside down tokes that you dry out the coil mind.

thanks for all the advice guys, guna take what you said a crack on to see if i can fix this.

Back
Top Bottom