What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Smoktech RSST question

Vapemonkey1980

Achiever
Hi folks,

Having dabbled with an AGA-T i'm now looking to take baby steps up in the next direction.

Is the RSST the sort of thing I should be looking at?

Also, is it solely for use with mesh wick as stated, or can you get away with silica. Or would this just entirely defeat the point?

The rsst is a very good option if moving on from the aga. It is easy to set up. I still haven't perfected mesh wicks, but all I did was roll the wick, stuck it in the hole without oxidising and pulsed the coil. With the rsst you can easily just oxidise the part of the wick where the coil sits. As for using silica I cannot see a reason why a single strand, or maybe even a u wick using the filling hole, won't work.

The rsst is a very good option if moving on from the aga. It is easy to set up. I still haven't perfected mesh wicks, but all I did was roll the wick, stuck it in the hole without oxidising and pulsed the coil. With the rsst you can easily just oxidise the part of the wick where the coil sits. As for using silica I cannot see a reason why a single strand, or maybe even a u wick using the filling hole, won't work.

Cheers mate :D

I have to say it is quite a sexy looking beast, and I do have some mesh, just don't want to be lumbered if i never get the hang of it, but got no issues with silica :D

Interesting..... :D

Mine turned up today, and just done a SS wick for it, a damn sight easier than the AGA-T2 and flavour is just awesome :)

Thoroughly recommended :)

Mine turned up today, and just done a SS wick for it, a damn sight easier than the AGA-T2 and flavour is just awesome :)

Thoroughly recommended :)

Good to hear fella, got one as this on order today as my first atti, any tips on the setup you performed dude. :thumbup:

I used a 35mm x 20mm SS mesh (Marine Grade 400) and wrapped around a 2.5mm drill bit. Oxidised and quenched in water, repeated 3 times, and then soaked in eliquid and burnt, 3 times. 4.5 wraps of 0.2 kanthal wire - 2.0 ohm, filled up with juice, and vaping like a good un :)

Flavour is just outstanding. No hot spots, worked first time. The only problem I have found, is there is a build up of condensation around the airhole. This is so much better than a AGA-T2 in every way. Sorry, but thats exactly as I see it :)

I used a 35mm x 20mm SS mesh (Marine Grade 400) and wrapped around a 2.5mm drill bit. Oxidised and quenched in water, repeated 3 times, and then soaked in eliquid and burnt, 3 times. 4.5 wraps of 0.2 kanthal wire - 2.0 ohm, filled up with juice, and vaping like a good un :)

Flavour is just outstanding. No hot spots, worked first time. The only problem I have found, is there is a build up of condensation around the airhole. This is so much better than a AGA-T2 in every way. Sorry, but thats exactly as I see it :)

Totally agree, got one in the post this morning and set up in minutes. Was a bit concerned about the the spring loaded washer being able to hold the coil but seems OK. Now enjoying a good taste with plenty of vapour. Had vacuum issues with the plug in so binned it.

No need to Oxidise thy wick - just wrap a coil and pulse it (second or 2 bursts) until all the coils glow evenly - add juice and vape ;)

Vapes like a train with the fill hole bung in - tho i have dremeled the airhole bigger (somewhere between 1.2-1.5mm)

Back
Top Bottom