What's new

Smok VMAX high pitched buzzing noise...

K

KulrMeStoopid

So seriously? Not even had it for 12 hours and this bitch is SCREAMING when you put anything on it... it still has 7.7v coming from the batts (cut off is 6.5) and I cant find much about why it's doing this... Ideas? Anyone else?

Sorted it!

Make sure you have a GOOD connection between your atty center pin and the vmax's battery pin, otherwise you are going to get this noise. Just tug the center pin down a little on whatever youve connected to it!

Something on the circuit board breaking down? impossible to check but all I can think of,have you tried diff battery incase you not getting good contact and its arcing though low voltage wouldn't think it would be that loud

too late as normal but 2nd suggestion was close

yeah i feel sorry for folks paying the full 75 for this device. cracking little thing for £15 mind. and as a "ill tak it with me as if i break it who cares" kinda device. but if this piece of kit was all i had to vape on id be gutted.

My thoughts on his have changed quite a lot.

I started out hating it, and took it to Nottingham for people to just 'point and laugh', but I started to fall in love with it. It reminded me of my geriatric Auntie, that whilst she was enduring stage 2 dementia, moaning about the youth of today and forgetting the basic principles of toilet training, but she never forgot my name, I found I started to get the same fondness.

It is quite sleek, and pretty well made, 510 threading does look suspect though. But have no illusions, holding a Provari in one hand (thanks @Mark) and the Vmax in the other, the comparision the akin to

VMAX

jessica.jpg

Provari

holly.jpg

Whilst you are happy to be seen with Jessica and its does the job, is nice and consistent, your heart really belongs to Holly, its your secret crush. The quality is nowhere near the same.

As the day wore on, the Tesla (Ann Widdicombe) started to show its age, getting tired, and this really is where the Vmax came into its own, slowly going from the occasional use, to becoming my mainstay device. A bit like I suspect my feelings towards Jessica would start to change with the more alcohol I would consume.

Fast forward to 02:00, when we encountered a closure on the M42, and a 18 mile detour ensued to bypass a 3 mile stretch of motorway, I was then finding I was chain vaping Mom & Pops Tobacco Haze courtesy of @leisureliquids in an eVod supplied FOC by him too, and it worked perfectly.

I could hear the Vmax whispering 'dont worry, I am here to take care of you' all the way home. Getting through the door at 04:20, I had a beam on my face from the days events, and also the performance of the Vmax, funnily enough the same performance I have dreamt about from Jessica in the early hours of the morning :D

So @ZT, Your message about the landlords party didnt bother me, and @Merino-Teflon your satanic powers to ensure that all traffic lights were red from Bath to Nottingham and back again even at 3 in the morning, and then all Green from Bath to Weston (100% true!) have not affected me, as I have my new loyal trusty work companion next to me.

Yes....thats right, The Tesla is officially being retired. Something at 13:00 yesterday, I never dreamt would happen, but there has to be a time when you say goodbye to your past love, its official Ann Widdicombe is no longer on my 'to do' list :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom