What's new

Smok V-Fin Battery Error

Richard Winter

Achiever
Bought a Smok V Fin Xmas, unboxed and checked it worked and had about 50% charge in it. Switched it off and left it till now. Went to use it last night and it's showing battery error.
Seems to be it's totally lost its charge and won't work. Plugging the charging cord in just brings up the Battery Error message.
Any of you guys and girls had this problem and more importantly, found a fix for it.

Had something similar on a Coolfire Ultra.
Used it for a couple of months.
Put away in draw.
Came across it about a year later. Battery dead stone cold dead. Wouldn’t take a charge. Stripped it down and found one of the two cells has major corrosion and looked like it had been leaking. Now in the proses of locating two new battery’s. If you know someone with a small spot welder like they use on Ebike batteries then it’s a easy fix.

Had something similar on a Coolfire Ultra.
Used it for a couple of months.
Put away in draw.
Came across it about a year later. Battery dead stone cold dead. Wouldn’t take a charge. Stripped it down and found one of the two cells has major corrosion and looked like it had been leaking. Now in the proses of locating two new battery’s. If you know someone with a small spot welder like they use on Ebike batteries then it’s a easy fix.
I've taken it apart and the batteries in it seem ok but they are 25600. Not that easy to come by. Will keep trying to get a bit of charge in them to see if it will kick start them. If not I may have to modify it with other batteries.
Thanks for the reply

No probs.
If you have a multi meter it will be easier to see if one cell has snuffed it.

If you can get access to an Xtar Dragon, that can safely attempt to retrieve dead batteries.

Will it still be charging while error message showing ? I would leave it plugged in for a few hours.

Hi guys, every now and again it shows the battery status bar but the goes back to battery error.
I'm leaving it on charge to see if that does anything. If no joy tonight I will unsolder the leads and check each battery.
I have revive chargers do could try that too.
Thanks guys for the advice.

Update:
I unsoldered the batteries and tested them. One was totally dead, the other had 0.7v. Both knackered.
The strange thing I can't tell how these batteries are configured. There are no markings on the batteries. The spec says 8000mah so assume they have to be connected in parallel even tho the rating on them falls very short of this.
There are 3 wires, red white and black. The white was connected to the bottom of the dual pack and the red to one cell on the top and the back to the other cell on the top.
Very strange, having trouble how these cells connect to the 3 wires.
Any ideas?

Somebody else had taken an internal battery smok apart, a good while ago, and said it was a total mess inside. I agree with @Mitz , bin it and get something decent.

Back
Top Bottom