What's new

Smok R-Kiss Coils

Tom Wiltshire

Initiate
I recently bought a Smok R-Kiss, which comes with a TFV-Mini V2 tank, with a Mini V2 A1 coil pre-installed. It also comes with a spare, dual-coil Mini V2 A2. After about two days of use I noticed that the flavour was EXTREMELY off, and sure enough, the pre-installed coil had burnt despite me priming it carefully and leaving it to sit before vaping. I then switched to the spare coil, which burnt just as quickly. It may be because I was vaping at 150+ watts, which was too much for the coils to handle. Does anybody know if there are any coils compatible with this tank which can stand up to a higher power output? I'm looking at getting replacements but I don't want to get the same ones in case the same problem happens again.

I think the answer is 150w + on them coils is very high and depending on your pgvg ratio if it's high vg wont help longevity either. I have that tank and coils and I vape around 40w on them and i usually get around 3+ weeks. I then give them a good wash, let them dry out and can vape on it again for a good week or more.

I've also got that tank and 150+ is gonna burn the coils pretty quickly as the highest rated coil tops out at 140w so it's not going to take long for them to burn out at all. I vape in the 30w-40w range and get weeks and weeks out of them!

I think the answer is 150w + on them coils is very high and depending on your pgvg ratio if it's high vg wont help longevity either. I have that tank and coils and I vape around 40w on them and i usually get around 3+ weeks. I then give them a good wash, let them dry out and can vape on it again for a good week or more.
I've also got that tank and 150+ is gonna burn the coils pretty quickly as the highest rated coil tops out at 140w so it's not going to take long for them to burn out at all. I vape in the 30w-40w range and get weeks and weeks out of them!

Okay, so I should get the same coils and just vape at a lower wattage then?

If you get the same coils and vape at a lower wattage then the coils will last longer, as said before, sweet juices will also shorten coil life. There are some coils for the tank that are rated higher wattage than other so might be worth having a look and finding one of those but dialling the wattage down.

Okay, so I should get the same coils and just vape at a lower wattage then?
When you do get your new coils, do prime them first and dont go into your high wattage straight away. Start off with say 50w for a few draws then increase the wattage by 10w increments for a few more draws to bed the coil in until you reach your sweet spot.

Back
Top Bottom