What's new

SMOK Nord and Coils problem

Geri

Initiate
Hi all! So in September last year I ditched the fags at long last and switched to vaping! Thought I would never do it but so pleased to have made the switch.
Since then I’ve been using a SMOK Nord with 1.4coils, 20mg Nic salt liquid mainly the granola line from yogi. However I have noticed my coils burn out really fast, sometimes only lasting 2 - 3 pods worth of juice, then either the draw becomes useless or the coil tastes rank. I prime the coils properly, always make sure the liquid doesn’t run down below the holes, and don’t vape that much, usually between 1 - 1.5 pods a day maximum mostly less.
Is it the juice? The coils? The device?
I want to stick to the pod type system and when it’s working I like the Nord. Also love the yogi Nic salts. Any help or ideas that may prolong coil life or something I could use instead? Thanks.

Hi there. I use Nords all the time. What is the pg/vg ratio of the juice? Also if it is the 1.4 ceramic coils I found they didn't play well for longevity. I use either the 1.4 regular kanthal coils or the 0.8 mesh coils with 50/50 juice. If the juice is vg heavy then the chances are that the coil can't wick fast enough so that would give the bad taste and in turn burn out quicker.

Hi, it’s 50/50. I use 1.4 coils. I MTL and didn’t think 0.8 worked well for mouth to lung draw.

I use the 0.6 coils with 70/30 and they last for weeks, not had a bad coil yet but cannot really comment on others.

I had a similar issue but with the nord coil that comes in the kit.....

I put one pod’s worth of fizzy juice eliquid through it and it was superb.... then when I topped it up it just went to pot, crap wispy flavor and borderline dry hits. The 0.4 mesh coil was good for a week using a different juice so might have just been the juice I was using.

Come to think of it, it did the exact same thing in my nunchaku tank before and those coils were the best I’ve ever experienced.

Talking to the guy in the vape shop a while back - his opinion is that yogi juices are the worst he's experienced for killing coils.

But he still used them because he liked them (and got staff discount on coils ;))

Some nic salt eliquid turns very thick and syrupy as you vape your way thru it. It's one of the reasons I stopped using the nautilus tank way back. I was killing the coils in 2 to 3 days max. I would fill the tank up with 2ml vape it down to about half a mill and then top back up to full 2ml. By the time it went back down to around 1 ml I would have to either pour the rest away and refill fresh liquid or I'd fill the tank by adding another ml of pure pg to dilute it. When I poured the juice away it was thick like syrup or honey. Very different to the 50/50 consistency it started at. It's seems to be made worse in my experience if you never finish the tank and just continuously top it up.

Back
Top Bottom