What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Smok Alien Faults

It has lasted a year. Mine lasted 363 days. It was on it's last legs. The powder coat was disintegrating and it error-ed every time I changed the batteries. The nail in the coffin was when the cat knocked it over and busted the screws out of the plastic Smok anchored them in. I managed to bodge it together for a day or so until my new mod turned up on slow boat from China. My advice is to move on and get a new mod, just not a Smok. I can't recommend the TeslaCigs WYE 200 enough, it is comparable to the Smok Alien in every way apart from the fact it is infinitely better made.
Interesting, I have just seemingly wasted my money on a Smok Alien (since the TC is appalling) after getting refunded for a Tesla WYE 200W that only lasted 4 months before the screen suddenly stopped working. If you Google it, it seems to be a very common fault. Sometimes a firmware upgrade apparently fixes it, in my case it didn't. I agree that when it works, the WYE does work very well. However I think that a lot of mods in general seem to just be made to a shite standard and often fail after a short amount of time. Before the WYE I had an Aspire Archon, it lasted a couple of months or so before it started continuously reporting a short and refusing to work. Not to mention the magnets coming off the battery case (although I dropped it a few times this should be expected and catered for in the build quality at the end of the day). I don't know if the more expensive mods last longer but personally I've been hesitant to spend the extra money given my experiences with the cheaper ones.

Back
Top Bottom