What's new

Smok Alien Coils, no flavour

Snake

Initiate
I have a Smok alien 220, and I have had nothing but problems with it.
I have gone through quite a few coils from various different suppliers and lots of different juices.
I know that sometimes you get dud coils, but I am having same issues with virtually every coil I buy,

I have never got much life out of the coils, at the start they lasted about 1 week at best before the flavour died, then this went down to 1-2 days, and then less than 1 day. And I only vape in the evenings for a few hours.

Now I am getting little or no flavour right from the start on brand new coils.

I have completely washed and cleaned out the tank.
I have tried different wattages, and I need to put it at at least 60-65 to get even a hint of flavour, any higher doesn't really help.

I am priming the coils correctly as per recommendations.
I am starting at low wattage and working up with a new coil
closing the airway doesn't help
Tried all the different coils (m2, x4,x6,t8)

Even juices which I know have a really good and strong flavour (such as Momo lime and berry) are giving me nothing.

I just cannot afford to spend any more money on this device, it has just been burning a hole in my wallet.

I have a Smok alien 220, and I have had nothing but problems with it.
I have gone through quite a few coils from various different suppliers and lots of different juices.
I know that sometimes you get dud coils, but I am having same issues with virtually every coil I buy,

I have never got much life out of the coils, at the start they lasted about 1 week at best before the flavour died, then this went down to 1-2 days, and then less than 1 day. And I only vape in the evenings for a few hours.

Now I am getting little or no flavour right from the start on brand new coils.

I have completely washed and cleaned out the tank.
I have tried different wattages, and I need to put it at at least 60-65 to get even a hint of flavour, any higher doesn't really help.

I am priming the coils correctly as per recommendations.
I am starting at low wattage and working up with a new coil
closing the airway doesn't help
Tried all the different coils (m2, x4,x6,t8)

Even juices which I know have a really good and strong flavour (such as Momo lime and berry) are giving me nothing.

I just cannot afford to spend any more money on this device, it has just been burning a hole in my wallet.
What tank do you have?

It sounds like you’d be as well getting a better tank rather than throwing away money on all the daft coils they make for it.

I have the baby beast that comes with it.
I also have the baby beast and have the same issue. Smoks coils just dont last long. I decided to get an rta as i can build my own coils. If you dont want to do that i would reccomend you get the horizon falcon sub ohm tank. Its coils last ages and it has great flavour.

I have the baby beast that comes with it.
Eleaf hw coils are the best qc and longevity wise for the baby beast. If I use smok I prefer the simplest q2 0.4 coils. Not as much to go wrong and tons of flavour at a reasonable wattage. Still often get a dud in the pack though.

Eleaf hw coils are the best qc and longevity wise for the baby beast. If I use smok I prefer the simplest q2 0.4 coils. Not as much to go wrong and tons of flavour at a reasonable wattage. Still often get a dud in the pack though.
Can u use other coils in the baby beast?

Try the NRG coils by Vaporesso, they fit the baby beast and imo are much better.

Failing that, the NRG tank itself is excellent and looks similar.

Also Vaportech make Morpheus coils for the baby beast.

Can u use other coils in the baby beast?
I'm cracking out my nicked list all over the forum this week.

How to use the list:

If your tank uses the coil in a category, you can use any other coil in that category.

i.e. SMOK Baby Beast uses TFV8 Baby coils, therefore it is compatible with any other coil in the "small" category.

Note! The coil picks are based on using the coil in the manufacturer recommended ranges. Please be sure to buy a coil that is optimal for your preferred range (ie NRG GT4 @50W, NRG GT6 @70W).

Small coils: (baby beast)

Testing Tank - Wotofo Flow

Eleaf HW coils [30W Pick! - Consistent build quality]
Eleaf HW-1 SS316 coil [TC Pick! - Only TC offering]
E-XY T1 coils
Geekvape iM1+4 coils
iJoy XS coils
Jomo Tech Smartvape TC80 coils
Joyetech ProCore Aries coils [Do NOT fit 22mm tanks]
Joyetech ProCore C1-S MTL coil [MTL Pick! - Only MTL offering]
Sigelei SLYDR SM coils
SMOK TFV8 baby coils
Vapefly Fantasy Mini M8 coils
Vaporesso NRG coils [50W+ Pick! - Fantastic wicking w/o flooding]
Vaportech M4/8 coils
Vaptio Frogman coils
WOTOFO FLOW coils [40W Pick! - No spitback]

Again kudos to the originator of this list as I only had about a quarter of them.

Try the NRG coils by Vaporesso, they fit the baby beast and imo are much better.

Failing that, the NRG tank itself is excellent and looks similar.

Also Vaportech make Morpheus coils for the baby beast.

I keep seeing people talking about the NRG coils recently. Have vaporesso changed them or was I just unlucky when I tried the tank? I got an NRG around a year ago and went through something daft like 5 coils in 2 days so binned it there and then as there was no way all 5 could be duds.

Back
Top Bottom