What's new

Smok alien 220w fault

bearded

Initiate
Well I thought I'd splash out and get myself the smok alien kit. It looks and feels good and is definitely a powerful mod. But after 2 weeks I have woke to my first problem. I keep getting low ohms on every tank I attach to it. I have tried 4 different tanks and they all work on my other mod but not the alien. I have found nothing on Google about it so I was after some expierenced advice of causes.
20161009_125653.jpg
20161009_125629.jpg

Attachments

• 20161009_125820.jpg
    20161009_125820.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 531
what ohm coil are using as my wee bro uses mainly the 0.15 in the tfv8 tank and the only problem he had with his was a line running down the right hand side but its seems to have gone away now

what ohm coil are using as my wee bro uses mainly the 0.15 in the tfv8 tank and the only problem he had with his was a line running down the right hand side but its seems to have gone away now
I'm using the .4 ohm coil in the mini. But the mod seems to not read any of the tanks I have.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but does the 510 pin move up and down ok? I have this occasional problem where the pin sticks on a couple of my mods.

im unsure if im correct but im looking at getting one myself,
im sure after you fire the trigger to vape, it saves the last setting you used for that vape, according to the screen shot you posted your last vape time was 0.05 seconds. try holding the fire button again for longer and see if it changes the readings on screen.

i had a weard warning last week. dont abuse the power or something like that.
turned out even though it was a new coil so i pressed yes and it went apeshit on me. even though showed 55w on screen it felt and sounded like it was firing at 220w
then the warning came on screen.
turned off and removed batteries to reset and then pressed no for new coil and its worked fine ever since.
so if you pressed yes when you put the tank on try what i done and press no and see if that works.

I've had a similar issue when switching tanks. It seems like when you fire the mod for the first time it saves the settings it used for that particular coil in order to avoid having to check the ohm value on the next fire, thus decreasing the time to load. If you don't select "y" when you switch to a different ohm value setup and it asks you if it's a new coil it tries to fire as if it was the same coil as the last one. So for example, I've got a 0.6 ohm tank for mtl/restricted lung hits, a 0.2 Cleito aspire for one flavour and a 0.15 baby beast for another flavour on rotation. If I switch from the 0.6 to the 0.15 and select "n" when it asks me if it's a new coil it gives me an error, because it's not asking if it's new as in unused, it's asking if it should use the same settings as last time I fired it. The error is "don't abuse protects" although I have seen the "ohms too low" in the same situation before.
Thus, taking the tank off, replacing it and telling the Alien it's a new coil fixes the issue.

TL;DR: Try taking the tank off, putting it back on and answering "y" to "new coil?".

If that doesn't work let us know, I'm sure we can figure it out!

Sorry, I didn't fully read MrDj's comment but think they are both symptoms of a similar issue. I believe the question "new coil" actually isn't asking "is this a brand new coil?", it's asking "is this a different coil to the one I fired last time?"

thats actually intersting to know. and your right, it was dont abuse protects.
i thought it was asking was it a new coil. sometimes it doesnt ask at all even if new coil and new batteries are put in.
oh well, as long as they are working now is all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom