What's new

Smoant Battlestar not changing ohm

ironmonkey

Postman
Hi all,

Bit of a long one and I happily risk asking a daft question. I also had a search online for a definitive answer to this problem but couldn't find one. Had a Battlestar for just under two years with nearly daily use and abuse and yesterday it developed an issue. In short it wouldn't change the ohms reading after I change the atty.

I tried a 0.3 build that I built, tested on an ohm reader put the rda on (Drop if people want to know) the screen came up with the new/same coil option as always. I selected new coil and the reading came up as 0.5. I then did the same with what was a 0.2 ohm and 1.5 ohm build, same process and the same result. The mod reads 0.5 ohms. I have even unscrewed the atty pushed the fire button so the mod tells me there is no atomizer detected put it back on, selected new coil, reading 0.5 ohms. I have even done this and replaced the batteries at the same time, and cleaned all contacts on the mod and on the atty. The same issue is with different tanks and attys, all read 0.5 no matter what the resistance is.

My questions are;

1) Is there a fix for this because I haven't seen any firmware updates for this mod?
2) as a result of the incorrect ohm reading the mod is now pulling a disproportionately high amount of volts to achieve the wattages I like to vape at for the corresponding resistances, is this dangerous for me to use the mod now?

My assumption is that it is dangerous and there is no fix, but I would just like to receive confirmation of this as money is very tight and I don't want to buy a new mod unless I have to, and living abroad my linguistic skills do not stretch far enough to explain this to anyone at home.

Many thanks

Seemed a bit of a long-shot but glad it panned out for you :)

Back
Top Bottom