What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Skynet Pro Leaking

Tobytyke

Achiever
Apes. Got this yesterday and put the bubble glass on it, got the dual mesh coil in and certain I made sure the coil was screwed in tight enough and the seals were all tickety boo. Filled with some Custard slice for a few toots.
Left it overnight and it’s seeping from the AFC.... The tank was probably half full but thought it would have been ok to leave it.... Stripped it down and washed it out, so any ideas for when I put it back together..??

Double-check the positive pin is tight, just tripped over that myself yesterday completely stripping down my berserker mini. GL

Double-check the positive pin is tight, just tripped over that myself yesterday completely stripping down my berserker mini. GL

As in the 510?. It is a non adjustable type.Just had a look at it. I can push it in from the outside and back out from inside the base. The pressure from screwing the coil in must push it out as far as it will go,, maybe I need to give it a bit more when I put the coil back in

Not familiar with the tank so I just looked at some online reviews, seems pretty simple construction so if it's seeping at the AFC I'd guess either the coil isn't tight enough or isn't seated correctly.

Should have read to the end of the review...

A Leak Warning – As with many high-performance sub-ohm tanks, the Skynet and Skynet PRO can leak. However, the only time they leak is when the mod and tank are not in use, but the airflow slots are left wide-open. For hours it won’t matter, but if the user happens to set aside a mod with a Skynet on top and the airflow slots are wide open, chances are it’s going to leak.

The only other time my Skynet PRO leaked it was my fault; I was in a hurry to get out of the office and I cross threaded the top cap and left for the night. The next morning all the eJuice in the tank leaked out all over the mod and onto my desk. But like I said, that was my fault… user error.

Cheers for that @John R ,,, the bloody AF slots were about a quarter open,,, third at most. Will double check everything & try to remember to close them off when it’s not in use.

Another thing to remember eh... I just got bored with subohm tanks and moved away from them, PITA in the main with their idiosyncrasies.

That’s strange although haven’t used the bubble glass I’m yet to have a leak with the tank full left overnight and haven’t closed airflow off, although I’m using the triple coil still 2weeks still going strong

I was just in the middle of checking there, last subohm I bought was the Kensei, circa late 2017 and the one before was the Troll RTA. These days I'm either MTL or just use a dripper on a mech.

Really enjoying squonking with the Topside atmo, which I never thought I'd ever say as I had a bit of an aversion to the mess of squonking before.

Back
Top Bottom