What's new

Single Battery Mod

I wouldn't know pal, I was just providing suggestions for a single battery mod, I ran freemax mesh pro double mesh coils at around 70w and later the profile unity using nexmesh mesh coils at around 65w all on the armour pro, a 21700 wouldn't last the day so had 2 in rotation, all depends what you're trying to achieve mate
Ok nice one I'll make sure I check them out :2thumbsup:

back in the day i tried a single 18650 30Q at 50watts and it lasted exactly 1 hour 10 minutes.
armour pro with 21700 only used for 2 breaks a day at work so around 25-30 mins max all day at 60-70w using mesh pro dual coil and battery in evening was on roughly 45% charge.

so if you want a single battery mod then best to carry a spare boxed battery to change out as wont last all day at high wattage.

back in the day i tried a single 18650 30Q at 50watts and it lasted exactly 1 hour 10 minutes.

Yeah, that's pushing a 30Q.

As an aside, I have been trying to work out the maths of all this for a while now (by that I mean I know the maths theoretically, but want to see how it applies to real world vaping).

So, a 30Q is a 15 amp cell with a 3000 mAh capacity (that's 3 amp hours, or 3 amps for an hour!)

At full charge, 50 watts would have been pulling over 13 amps, and if you ran it down to low battery cutoff it would have been over 17 amps.

Indulge me. :)

So I'm going to assume you ran the battery right down, giving us an average of 15 amps, which would equate to a total time pressing the button of 12 minutes, assuming full efficiency.

You won't actually get all that time, due to various losses, so let's say a total of 9-10 minutes or so actually pressing the button and vaping, over a 1 hour 10 minute period.

Does that sound about right? That's like a 3 second button press, twice a minute?

:)

Sorry for this digression...

Morning all,

Any reccomendations for a single battery mod that fires up to 120W?

Not sure there’s a single battery mod that goes over 100w and rightly so...

According to Mooch for single batteries, these are the max wattages you can ‘safely’ use on a single battery.

15amp battery - upto 45w
20a - 60w
25a - 75w
30a - 90w
35a - 105w

If it’s a smaller mod you want, just get a compact dual 18650 mod. The Vaporesso Revenger (220w) for example is dual 18650 and is smaller in every way than the single 21700, already mentioned, Jackaroo (100w). There’s a few even smaller dual 18650 than the revenger but can’t remember their names.

According to Mooch for single batteries, these are the max wattages you can ‘safely’ use on a single battery.
Thanks for the
15amp battery - upto 45w
20a - 60w
25a - 75w
30a - 90w
35a - 105w

If it’s a smaller mod you want, just get a compact dual 18650 mod. The Vaporesso Revenger (220w) for example is dual 18650 and is smaller in every way than the single 21700, already mentioned, Jackaroo (100w). There’s a few even smaller dual 18650 than the revenger but can’t remember their names.

15amp battery - upto 45w
20a - 60w
25a - 75w
30a - 90w
35a - 105w

I've come across a few that go up to 120W, that being said I would follow the guidelines you have mentioned.

I only said upto 120 as the current coil I'm using is no good below that, but I'd normally vape somewhere between 80-90.

Just to add a comparison to my last post, here are the Jackaroo and Revenger X side by side. As you can see, here is very little wasted space on the Revenger. As I said in last post, there are a few out there like it, some even slightly smaller. Have a look around.

IMG_0136.JPG

For more context, here it is next to the single 18650 Aegis Solo, which is the smallest mod I have outside of mechs.

So yeah, there are really compact double battery mods out there.

IMG_0138.JPG

Back
Top Bottom