What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Should a batteries life last longer?

snip the leads from the coil and one somehow finds its way inside your mod and touches both the positive terminal and the body of the battery?
Then what? The battery explodes...is that what ur implying? It will melt if your battery is worth a shit. But the same thing would happen if instead of touching the body of battery, simply touches the mod. Whoopsie. You never thought of that have you.

I’m sorry but imma gonna have to edit your post

Simply because you are talking out of your arse
Again !! For the purpose of people who seemingly can’t read - this is a public forum and all advice given can be seen from google searches

And in the 5 years vaping yours is simply one of the stupidest claims I’ve heard yet
Sometimes I work with live high voltage. 400 to 10000v...stuff like that. You get no access to these without being qualified and accredited. So lets just safely assume from the get go that you couldnt possibly advocate me on anything regarding electricity. You being overly concerned about a wrap reinforces the idea that youre just new to this and the only reason you might know Ohm's law is purely because of vaping.
Onto the wrap. Do you actually think that the wrap is a proper insulator? Its easy to puncture, easy to cut, you can remove it with your fingers if you wanted to. Let me tell you why. 18650 cells have never been made to be used individually. They are solely designed to be used for battery packs inside a hard plastic shell, or inside any random electrical device, but never on their own, with the contacts exposed to anything a user wouls throw at them. Vaping devices do not qualify if the 18650 is removable. Hence the wrap. No need for proper insulator if the battery goes out from the manufacturer straight onto the assembly line of another equipment. Basically a bit of protection while in transit.
Now mod manufacturers are well aware of this, and the battery compartment of mods using 18650's will be always made of plastic with plenty of spacing between cells. For this very reason, in the very likely case the wrap is damaged. The battery is very safe inside the mod with or without intact wrap. Problems start when its removed.
Tl:dr stay the fuck out of battery threads, you havent got a single clue or you'd stop using individual 18650 altogether.

Then what? The battery explodes...is that what ur implying? It will melt if your battery is worth a shit. But the same thing would happen if instead of touching the body of battery, simply touches the mod. Whoopsie. You never thought of that have you.

Sometimes I work with live high voltage. 400 to 10000v...stuff like that. You get no access to these without being qualified and accredited. So lets just safely assume from the get go that you couldnt possibly advocate me on anything regarding electricity. You being overly concerned about a wrap reinforces the idea that youre just new to this and the only reason you might know Ohm's law is purely because of vaping.
Onto the wrap. Do you actually think that the wrap is a proper insulator? Its easy to puncture, easy to cut, you can remove it with your fingers if you wanted to. Let me tell you why. 18650 cells have never been made to be used individually. They are solely designed to be used for battery packs inside a hard plastic shell, or inside any random electrical device, but never on their own, with the contacts exposed to anything a user wouls throw at them. Vaping devices do not qualify if the 18650 is removable. Hence the wrap. No need for proper insulator if the battery goes out from the manufacturer straight onto the assembly line of another equipment. Basically a bit of protection while in transit.
Now mod manufacturers are well aware of this, and the battery compartment of mods using 18650's will be always made of plastic with plenty of spacing between cells. For this very reason, in the very likely case the wrap is damaged. The battery is very safe inside the mod with or without intact wrap. Problems start when its removed.
Tl:dr stay the fuck out of battery threads, you havent got a single clue or you'd stop using individual 18650 altogether.

Well aren’t you the expert

So so proud of you, congratulations

Tl:dr no I won’t stay the fuck out of battery threads when this is a public forum viewed by many many people who are not an ‘expert’ on 18650 batteries

People who have carried batteries loose in pockets and had serious things happen
And don’t say they don’t - we have all seen the videos etc

We are a very very safety conscious forum who like to ensure the members here have suitable advice

So you have the choice, stop making claims that people will be fine without battery wraps or go find another forum

It WILL NOT be tolerated here

Final say on the topic

18650 cells have never been made to be used individually. They are solely designed to be used for battery packs inside a hard plastic shell, or inside any random electrical device, but never on their own, with the contacts exposed to anything a user wouls throw at them. Vaping devices do not qualify if the 18650 is removable. Hence the wrap. No need for proper insulator if the battery goes out from the manufacturer straight onto the assembly line of another equipment. Basically a bit of protection while in transit.

I think most of us are well aware of these facts ...... but you don't seem to be aware of the fact that not all mods have a "battery compartment made of plastic with plenty of spacing between cells"

some (especially compact 2 and 3 cell mods) have worryingly little space between the cells in a series configuration, very poorly designed positive end contacts that could easily short across the top of the cell and many have metal doors that could be in direct contact with the cell. There are also full metal mech's obviously, both tubes and boxes.

Those shitty wraps and crappy top insulators are all we have, maybe you have a different idea of 'very safe' but it's not a phrase I would use in the case of using a cell without a wrap..... or even in the case of using one with a wrap outside of it's intended application.

Someone ban Babywipes.

The child shouldn’t be allowed access to an adult forum until long after he hits puberty.

He says, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to all that!
51774.jpg

Baby demo's his new hoverboard with unwrapped battery technology.
unnamed (1).gif

For anyone stumbling across this thread via a search engine and requires good clear guidance on battery safety and upkeep, mooch is considered a leading light on testing battery performance and advising on safe use, storage, charging and upkeep.
We all regularly check his database for news and updates.
You will find a great deal of information on keeping yourself safe enjoying problem free vaping here,
https://moochreviews.com/battery-basics-vapers/

For anyone stumbling across this thread via a search engine and requires good clear guidance on battery safety and upkeep, mooch is considered a leading light on testing battery performance and advising on safe use, storage, charging and upkeep.
We all regularly check his database for news and updates.
You will find a great deal of information on keeping yourself safe enjoying problem free vaping here,
https://moochreviews.com/battery-basics-vapers/
I should add. If your in the UK and are looking for a reliable and trustworthy vendor of quality tested vaping battery's, I think we'd all recommend fogstar.
Even if you just need information on your current set up Ben and the guy's at fogstar always offer excellent advice.
https://www.fogstar.co.uk

Speaking of fogstar I've just been looking on there for the wraps. Still haven't got around to it, been using my old mod between charging these 2 batteries while not risking the others.

Anyway, is the insulator normally reusable? I ask because fogstar sell 5 wraps and 5 insulators for £1.99. But can get 5x the amount of wraps on the same site for less money.
Or even 300 wraps for £7.99.

P.S I still don't have a heat source yet, maybe a cheap hair dryer is to be ordered, I don't fancy the toaster idea haha.

Back
Top Bottom