What's new

Shinyitus has got me wanting

I have mixed feelings about it.

Yihi have a reputation for making very good mods and boards (which many feel are the equal of DNA) and if you vape TC regularly they are probably worth considering - but the menu can be quite complicated and difficult to navigate. I rotate my mods and a mod can spend 4 to 6 months on a shelf before I use it again and, as I have the memory of a goldfish, I frequently forget how to use menus and have to dig out instructions and re-learn how to use the mod if it doesn't have a 'normal' mainstream menu. If you use it constantly the complicated menu probably isn't a problem though.

The T Class seems to be sold on offer/clearance quite frequently so have a good shop around before dropping any cash - the high RRP is meaningless now as it is quite an old mod so it is best to check as many places as you can.

Thank you. I like learning but I like that it comes with pre build coils so could use while getting used to it. Might shop around and find best deal

I have mixed feelings about it.

Yihi have a reputation for making very good mods and boards (which many feel are the equal of DNA) and if you vape TC regularly they are probably worth considering - but the menu can be quite complicated and difficult to navigate. I rotate my mods and a mod can spend 4 to 6 months on a shelf before I use it again and, as I have the memory of a goldfish, I frequently forget how to use menus and have to dig out instructions and re-learn how to use the mod if it doesn't have a 'normal' mainstream menu. If you use it constantly the complicated menu probably isn't a problem though.

The T Class seems to be sold on offer/clearance quite frequently so have a good shop around before dropping any cash - the high RRP is meaningless now as it is quite an old mod so it is best to check as many places as you can.

One thing I forgot to mention is Yihi have a reputation for high parasitic draw on the batteries. What this means is the mod will constantly use a small amount of current from the batteries when switched off. If you use the mod regularly this isn't really a problem as the parasitic draw runs the batteries down over several weeks rather than overnight (all Mods do this as they are never completely switched off because the board must be able to recognise 5 clicks on the fire button to turn on and off - but the Yihi draw on the batteries is higher than most mainstream China brands).

If you use the mod regularly this won't be a problem as you will check the level of your batteries and recharge frequently. However, it can be a problem if you don't use the mod for a long period and leave batteries inside it - if the batteries drop below 2.5 Volts you can damage them.

If you decide to buy one just make sure you remove the batteries if you aren't going to be using it and you won't have problems.

My personal opinion is that it's hideous and and Yihi have the worst menu system in the history of vaping..... but don't let me put you off. ;)

If you are interested in a Touch Screen mod - check out the Asmodus range. Ecigone have a Lustro for £25 (unfortunately only Baby Blue is left in stock), but they are frequently sold for cheap so I wouldn't be surprised if someone else is selling them off in a week or 2.

Every Asmodus mod I've bought has stood the test of time - unfortunately I can't say the same for Smok.

Back
Top Bottom