What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Shelf life

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 58360

Nic in PG.

How long is it good for if stored in freezer?

And longer or shorter life compared to a VG suspension?

And while I'm here - usable life of freezer stored PG and VG bases?

I'm using PG nic from January 2014. It is clear as a bell, no smell and full strength as far as I can tell.
I am also using VG nic with a 2015 date, same story.
All have been freezer stored in sterilised wine bottles since purchase.

Until recently I have been using pg nic from 2014 with no issues.
I am now on 2015 nic.
All stored in 100ml or 200ml glass bottles with minimal air space in the freezer.
I have used freezer stored vg and pg after two or three years in the freezer.

I am confident that my many more years worth of nic in the freezer will be fine.
Though, until l recently nobody had any reason to store nic long term, so nobody knows for sure.

PG nic stores better in the freezer allegedly. That's why I swapped to buying PG nicotine pre-TPD.

If I recall, basically it'll outlast us if stored in dark amber glass with as little as possible air in the container.

Just to add to the above I store 3mg made juice in the freezer.
Let it get its steep if needed and if im not vaping it straight away in it goes.
Comes out as fresh as the day it went in.

If I recall, basically it'll outlast us if stored in dark amber glass with as little as possible air in the container

I get about the dark glass blocking light - but what about plastic bottles if they're in a (obviously dark) freezer, or an opaque wrap?

I can source amber bottles if it's likely to make a significant difference, but if I don't need to I won't bother and it'll save a few quid.

The only issue I may have with glass is the possible fragility - but they're usually pretty thick anyway.

Oh, and...

I assume multiple smaller bottles is preferable to one big bottle?

Thinking about presence of air ever increasing as it gets used, and the whole fluctuating temperature with taking it in and out all the time for mix jobs.

I get about the dark glass blocking light - but what about plastic bottles if they're in a (obviously dark) freezer, or an opaque wrap?

I can source amber bottles if it's likely to make a significant difference, but if I don't need to I won't bother and it'll save a few quid.

The only issue I may have with glass is the possible fragility - but they're usually pretty thick anyway.
Downside to plastic is leeching into the plastic. But that's about all imo.

Oh, and...

Thinking about presence of air ever increasing as it gets used, and the whole fluctuating temperature with taking it in and out all the time for mix jobs.
Leaving it in one big bottle allows the element of doubt to creep in.
Is it still properly mixed when you pour some out?

Oh, and...

Leaving it in one big bottle allows the element of doubt to creep in.
Is it still properly mixed when you pour some out?
I store in 700ml wine bottles which I decant into 200ml brown glass bottles when it comes time to open a fresh 700ml bottle. A 200ml bottle is only removed from the freezer to do a mixing session and replaced immediately afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom