What's new

Serpent Elevate

Tobytyke

Achiever
Apes... Any explanation as to why my Elevate might be spitting juice abit?? Just wicked it,,, fairly tightly through the coil & thinned the ends out a touch.. Got a 0.35 tri-core fused Clapton in it not spaced & Vapefly firebolt cotton running at 38-40w with 70/30 juice?

Me no likey hot juice in my mouth.

TIA.......Lee

Mine arrived yesterday, have been vaping it over the last day & it's been fine

How long do you have your wick legs?

Mine where slightly past the channels & it was running a little dry while chain vaping so I've trimmed them down so they just tuck inside the channel ring & it's spot on, a juicier vape but no flooding or spitting

Mine arrived yesterday, have been vaping it over the last day & it's been fine

How long do you have your wick legs?

Mine where slightly past the channels & it was running a little dry while chain vaping so I've trimmed them down so they just tuck inside the channel ring & it's spot on, a juicier vape but no flooding or spitting

Got the legs just about tucked inside that channel ring

Got the legs just about tucked inside that channel ring

To be honest from what you've said it should be fine, only suggestion I've got is to try thinning it out a little less even though it doesn't sound like you've over-thinned

A picture could help if you can take one. The cotton should be placed so it isn't visible from a side on view behind the channel to hold the wick if that makes sense. I usually get it placed so it just sits, juice it up then give it a tiny trim more. I also tend to space out complicated coils a bit because they're more likely to hold juice packed together and spit. Don't know how high your coil is either but it should sit reasonably low no higher than half the coil over the edge of the deck that holds that screws. Sometimes I'll get some spitting if I fill it up with juice right to the top so usually fill it up to the top of the chamber but not above it. Usually can be solved with a gentle purge though.

A picture could help if you can take one. The cotton should be placed so it isn't visible from a side on view behind the channel to hold the wick if that makes sense. I usually get it placed so it just sits, juice it up then give it a tiny trim more. I also tend to space out complicated coils a bit because they're more likely to hold juice packed together and spit. Don't know how high your coil is either but it should sit reasonably low no higher than half the coil over the edge of the deck that holds that screws. Sometimes I'll get some spitting if I fill it up with juice right to the top so usually fill it up to the top of the chamber but not above it. Usually can be solved with a gentle purge though.

Will get a few pics uploaded when I get chance

Apes... Any explanation as to why my Elevate might be spitting juice abit?? Just wicked it,,, fairly tightly through the coil & thinned the ends out a touch.. Got a 0.35 tri-core fused Clapton in it not spaced & Vapefly firebolt cotton running at 38-40w with 70/30 juice?

Me no likey hot juice in my mouth.

TIA.......Lee
Took me a while to get it right on this RTA. The tightness of the wicking through the coil is important of course, but more critical is the wicking through the ports to the channel. Using Cotton Gods gold I find that with a 3mm i.d. coil I need to spread the cotton then gently roll it back into shape, twist the wick half a turn before insertion and get it just thick enough to give a tiny bit of resistance as it pulls through without making the coil move, then very slightly trim the tops, not the sides, of the wick tails. Trimming the sides makes them too thick in one direction and not thick enough in the other so you get some juice coming around the wick and onto the deck, hence the spitting. Patience is rewarded because when you get it working right this is a really nice low to medium power item.

PS. If yours came with a plastic tank like mine, get a glass one ASAP because the plastic is rubbish and will crack really easily if you even slightly overtighten.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom