What's new

Samsung Cease and Desist order?

Doesn't really matter since Molicell are probably the best all-rounders anyway, hopefully the reduced competition doesn't result in a crafty price increase though.
If mods start to go the way of battery packs it would probably just be something like the mag on the original Smok Mag but enclosed and with a protection board directly on it. I could live with that but you know every vape company would purposefully put out something crap then improve it every 4 months to milk money the same way they have with pods.
Can't really blame Samsung etc for not developing specific batteries, when you look how determined certain countries are to ban them and all the negative propaganda it's a risk to chuck a load of time and money at it, plus they know we will just buy them from torch suppliers etc anyway.

Last edited:
This has been happening - although more subtly - for years, I wrote an article on my website 3 years ago ( www.vapingbiker.co.uk/saddening-new-wrap-lg-batteries/ ) about LG stamping their batteries and trying to stop vape sales.

I firmly believe this has nothing to do with the inherent safety of the battery, but uneducated vapers being fucking idiots and blowing up stuff.
How many times do headlines have to falsely claim 'vape blows up in man's face/hand/pocket' when it's really loose batteries, unsafe builds, knackered wraps,o fucking idiocy that's the cause.

I could rant on about the causes of this rubbish but most of us have seen the full-blown idiocy in some form or another.

We've had 25R and 30Q (amongst others) cells at the forefront of vaping for many years, they've not got unsafe over night, the growth of vaping means the small percentage of people that refuse to learn battery safety and ohms law are growing, and they're fucking it for the rest of us.

Learn your shit, build your own coils, and re-wrap your damn batteries

This has been happening - although more subtly - for years, I wrote an article on my website 3 years ago ( www.vapingbiker.co.uk/saddening-new-wrap-lg-batteries/ ) about LG stamping their batteries and trying to stop vape sales.

I firmly believe this has nothing to do with the inherent safety of the battery, but uneducated vapers being fucking idiots and blowing up stuff.
How many times do headlines have to falsely claim 'vape blows up in man's face/hand/pocket' when it's really loose batteries, unsafe builds, knackered wraps,o fucking idiocy that's the cause.

I could rant on about the causes of this rubbish but most of us have seen the full-blown idiocy in some form or another.

We've had 25R and 30Q (amongst others) cells at the forefront of vaping for many years, they've not got unsafe over night, the growth of vaping means the small percentage of people that refuse to learn battery safety and ohms law are growing, and they're fucking it for the rest of us.

Learn your shit, build your own coils, and re-wrap your damn batteries
Yep. But if they were made better from the start with more resilient wraps then the issues with those who dont have much idea would be less.
These batteries as they are sold are not made to be put in and taken out every day. They are made to be fitted and left in place. So even though some are not taking care, it does not change the fact that batteries are being sold and used not in accordance to the manufacturers standard of use.
We cannot blame and label people as stupid or anything else.
They, many, are and were not made for how we as vapers use them.
Batteries in pockets with keys and money all loose, yep, that's stupid. Using visually damaged batteries, yep, thats stupid.
But otherwise we are using batteries not designed for how they are used full stop.

Doesn't heat buildup make beefy battery packs untenable. That's why most battery packs have only a shrink wrap casing, is it not?

I don't think the batteries are blowing up a lot due to unreg mods.
I think its those idiots that put spare batteries in their pocket and change and keys hit the end and BOOM!!

I was one of those idiots many moons ago, I was in a rush and put it In my pocket and my keys touched the ends.

Lucky I managed to get it out before it went supernova, but still burnt a little.

I don't think the batteries are blowing up a lot due to unreg mods.
I think its those idiots that put spare batteries in their pocket and change and keys hit the end and BOOM!!

I was one of those idiots many moons ago, I was in a rush and put it In my pocket and my keys touched the ends.

Lucky I managed to get it out before it went supernova, but still burnt a little.
Man I've been warning people of that since NiCds and SLAPs were the only rechargeables available.

Before we hit critical mass and go supernova, I return to the original topic, thanks @canada16 for raising this and thanks to @speedfreek67 for clarifying the timelines. The fact remains, reputable vendors in the vape community like fogstar won't be selling you any samsungs as of next week, so if you want some, better grab 'em while you can.

Just signed onto Fogstar. I’ll keep an eye on the site to see what batteries will remain available.

Before we hit critical mass and go supernova, I return to the original topic, thanks @canada16 for raising this and thanks to @speedfreek67 for clarifying the timelines. The fact remains, reputable vendors in the vape community like fogstar won't be selling you any samsungs as of next week, so if you want some, better grab 'em while you can.
All Samsung or just 18650?

Back
Top Bottom