What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Samsung Cease and Desist order?

What should I do when it comes to replacing my batteries now if Samsung are pulling them off the shelves in vape shops?

And to think the 30T and 40T were £13 the first time I bought them from Fogstar. Less than half that now.

You will be able to buy them from other suppliers but I suggest that when purchasing new cells you keep on buying from fogstar or out other trusted suppliers and switch to those that are available.
I imagine LG and the other's will follow suit and mollicell are extremely happy they are about to corner the vape cell market.

I'm still amazed at how slack the vaping industry has been in not making numerous "made and fit for purpose" batteries.
That we are still today buying and being sold batteries that are made to be fitted and left or soldered into place as daily removable batteries is bizarre!
Innokin did make some mod I vaguely remember, that had battery packs. Why that idea was not adopted and improved upon is a shame really. They could make something like a screw together sleeve that the battery or batteries could be fitted into that would make the batteries totally safe.
So many options that have never been used or explored. Its like the Battery Black Hole to me where something screaming out to be utilised or exploited has been just left almost utterly ignored.

I'm still amazed at how slack the vaping industry has been in not making numerous "made and fit for purpose" batteries.
That we are still today buying and being sold batteries that are made to be fitted and left or soldered into place as daily removable batteries is bizarre!
Innokin did make some mod I vaguely remember, that had battery packs. Why that idea was not adopted and improved upon is a shame really. They could make something like a screw together sleeve that the battery or batteries could be fitted into that would make the batteries totally safe.
So many options that have never been used or explored. Its like the Battery Black Hole to me where something screaming out to be utilised or exploited has been just left almost utterly ignored.

thats all well and good but you may be underestimating how much batteries cost to develop and make, especially with vaping still being relatively new, it's only now that the bigger companies have anywhere near the money to invest in that type of thing
the innokin disrupter? that the one you're referring to? thats just an 18650 in a case anyway

the only cell that would be missed if all samsungs are to vanish are the 30t anyway, and highly doubt you won't be able to get them, this went around with sony cells ages ago, with their not to be used outside packs labelling even lg did it to

In one word - size.

thats all well and good but you may be underestimating how much batteries cost to develop and make, especially with vaping still being relatively new, it's only now that the bigger companies have anywhere near the money to invest in that type of thing
the innokin disrupter? that the one you're referring to? thats just an 18650 in a case anyway

the only cell that would be missed if all samsungs are to vanish are the 30t anyway, and highly doubt you won't be able to get them, this went around with sony cells ages ago, with their not to be used outside packs labelling even lg did it to
Mate I couldn't remember it's name, if that is the one then yeah.
I dont think it would cost a fortune to make them with resilient protective jackets, same batteries toughened up fit for the purpose, unless im grossly underestimating the science behind battery wraps!? But still, even the making of actual purpose made batteries given the way things are made and churned out now it would only take minor changes, I'm not talking radical new technology. Better ends, tough as wraps, I don't see an issue really. Fit for purpose.
There are numerous products around that are in one sense the same but have differences to them that make them fit for a purpose.

In one word - size.
Hi, I tried to seek more depth to "size" but my crystal ball is on the blink today. :sleepy: Stupid cheap batteries!
Battery, Mod, Sleeves size?
Not sure. But my Wismec RX 20700 has a battery sled that could easily be enclosed as a battery pack. Its not a big mod really.
The pull off battery door of my Oceanus could easily be a pull off battery pack. The battery compartment of my V Sticking VK where the batteries are well separated could be the same. The space they take up, batteries and the surounds could be easily utilised with a pack that contains them.
Sure some mods have batteries that virtually sit against each other and that type of thing would require size increase but there are plenty of mods that as they are have the space.
:thumbup:

Mate I couldn't remember it's name, if that is the one then yeah.
I dont think it would cost a fortune to make them with resilient protective jackets, same batteries toughened up fit for the purpose, unless im grossly underestimating the science behind battery wraps!? But still, even the making of actual purpose made batteries given the way things are made and churned out now it would only take minor changes, I'm not talking radical new technology. Better ends, tough as wraps, I don't see an issue really. Fit for purpose.
There are numerous products around that are in one sense the same but have differences to them that make them fit for a purpose.

would still be the same battery, just you wouldn't be able to change them, they'd be kind of like a lipo in that way, something like changing the can design and contacts would be a nightmare I would think

the cells as they are, are perfectly fine imo , the standard wraps aren't as durable as we may want, but stick one the ones that fogstar have it's way tougher, their wraps are better than the likes of odb
nearly all battery wrap damage is either mishandling by the user or poor design of battery compartment, which could easily be made better by the manufacturers, always seemed to be "these contacts catch wraps" that isnt acceptable imo neither poorly fitting doors, but these seem to be the things everyone wanted fixing on mods from even when I started vaping, just isn't done and none of the advertisers aka youtube reviews seem to call that stuff out nowadays

Back
Top Bottom