What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

RTA Suggestions Please

The manta is a terrific rta, & the clone version on ebay is an exact match. I'd also mention the hell vape rebirth, it's my current favourite dual coil. If like me, you like a restricted direct lung vape. If you go for a single coil rta I'd also recommend the ofrf gear rta & the kelpie. They're re both dead easy to wick. If your having trouble with wicking & getting dry hits I'd suggest less is more, in an rta unlike a dripper. Comb the cotton out & just 'dam' up the wicking slots. The cotton will expand.

The manta is a terrific rta, & the clone version on ebay is an exact match. I'd also mention the hell vape rebirth, it's my current favourite dual coil. If like me, you like a restricted direct lung vape. If you go for a single coil rta I'd also recommend the ofrf gear rta & the kelpie. They're re both dead easy to wick. If your having trouble with wicking & getting dry hits I'd suggest less is more, in an rta unlike a dripper. Comb the cotton out & just 'dam' up the wicking slots. The cotton will expand.

+1 for the Rebirth. I swear it's impossible to make it dry hit. I don't even need to bother thinning out the wicks. Can leak if you go too light on the cotton but that's true of any RTA I guess. Nice restricted lung hit with saturated flavour. Love the bayonet style top cap too.

Thank you all for your suggestions, I appreciate it. I'm going to faff around with the Serpent Elevate see if I can get it going properly because I might as well, but there's an RTA that's caught my eye, so anyone had any experience with the Ehpro Kelpie?

Thank you all for your suggestions, I appreciate it. I'm going to faff around with the Serpent Elevate see if I can get it going properly because I might as well, but there's an RTA that's caught my eye, so anyone had any experience with the Ehpro Kelpie?
Fuck me - why does so much vape gear have such shit names? “Ehpro Kelpie”? Really?

Fuck me - why does so much vape gear have such shit names? “Ehpro Kelpie”? Really?
The Kelpie I can kinda understand, it's a Scottish mythical creature. The ehpro part though... I always found Artery an odd name as well for a company

if you still struggle throw up a pic of your finished build and I'll look at it for you.

Great for flavour.
A little restricted on the airflow and the slide to open top makes it un-pocket friendly.
Great rta to learn on :2thumbsup:

if you still struggle throw up a pic of your finished build and I'll look at it for you.
P3mhV1r

This is the build I've just put in it. Thinned out the ends a bit more than Matt did in that video. I can say it's wicking better than it was for sure but I'll still keep testing it to see if I get any dry hits.

Attachments

• SMM 2.jpg
    SMM 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 192
  • SMM.jpg
    SMM.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 188
P3mhV1r

This is the build I've just put in it. Thinned out the ends a bit more than Matt did in that video. I can say it's wicking better than it was for sure but I'll still keep testing it to see if I get any dry hits.
Glad to hear it though I can't see the picture.

Back
Top Bottom