What's new

RTA Suggestions Please

CYNIC 98

Initiate
Are there any good RTAs that offer a similar type of vape to an RDA? I use RDAs all the time as I like a nice saturated vape and don't want to have to worry about dry hits or if it's wicking properly etc etc but I would like to try another RTA. I have a Wotofo Serpent Elevate and it's very unforgiving with wicking. I think I tried like 4 or 5 times and couldn't get it right so I gave up and it's been sat unused for months now because every 3rd or so drag was a dry hit. I know most RTAs tend to struggle with chain vaping but I've been looking at the Damn Vape Doom, which is supposedly also rather unforgiving when it comes to wicking, but it seems to have no issues with wicking and chain vaping if done right. I would also like to know of any other good RTAs that may fit the bill...
Cheers in advance

Are there any good RTAs that offer a similar type of vape to an RDA? I use RDAs all the time as I like a nice saturated vape and don't want to have to worry about dry hits or if it's wicking properly etc etc but I would like to try another RTA. I have a Wotofo Serpent Elevate and it's very unforgiving with wicking. I think I tried like 4 or 5 times and couldn't get it right so I gave up and it's been sat unused for months now because every 3rd or so drag was a dry hit. I know most RTAs tend to struggle with chain vaping but I've been looking at the Damn Vape Doom, which is supposedly also rather unforgiving when it comes to wicking, but it seems to have no issues with wicking and chain vaping if done right. I would also like to know of any other good RTAs that may fit the bill...
Cheers in advance
Advaken Manta.
Likes stuffed wick ports so very hard to get it wrong and it's a flavour machine.

I'd actually advise you to master the elevate before moving on. Once you get it down (which IMO isn't hard) it's probably one of the fastest to rewick I've had. I've never had a dry hit, occasionally oversatured spitting coil which just needs purging but not dry. I actually loan mine out to someone and then just rewick it for them whenever it's needed because it's so fast and easy. As someone who's probably rewicked it at least 50 times I would follow this tutorial. the others aren't quite right.

I'd actually thin the wicks a little more than he has.

put the cotton through the coil, make sure it's being held by the coil but not too tightly, if you pull it on very gently it shouldn't move but if you pull lightly it should. cut both ends so there's some length to work with. comb it out. then the main thing is to have the wick resting just behind the bottom ring. not below it, not above it. resting behind it. juice it up, recheck the wicks if they're now below the ring, cut them again, turn it on for around 2 seconds, few more drops, stick it on again for a couple seconds,then a few more drops. make sure all is tidy then stick on the top.

Last edited:
The Oumier Wasp Nano RTA for single coil or Bulk RTA for dual coil rival RDA's for me.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/rba/oumier-wasp-nano-rta.html
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/rba/oumier-bulk-rta.html

But one I don't own but tried is right up there also for superb flavour is the Vandy Vape Kylin Mini with a Juggernaut Coil - amazed me and on my shopping list.

I struggled at first with the Serpent, all of the above are far easier and forgiving.
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9643209
For the kylin mini.
6 wrap 3.5mm ID cut legs at 5mm on the coily tool.

OFRF Gear RTA
IMG_6334.JPG

Not shite for a rta 24mmx24.6mm
Crikey it’s small

+1 for the Manta. Best budget rta on the market. Still.

But having said that - if your rta can't tolerate chain vaping, the problem is your wicking not your rta.

DSC_0216.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom