What's new

rta nightmare - suggestion on a nice rta

roflol

Initiate
Hi, in the last 4 years i used by-ka v5 and v7. I loved the flavour but i hated the matherials or something else that quickly burns the cotton. I tried hundreds of mods and fix but still brown/black cotton with just 5 ml with chemical liquids mostly clear and not sweet. I would love to find the best rta (range 35$) with good flavour, good hit, few air, at least 3ml,easy to rebuild and that can last FOR SURE at least 10-12 ml with cotton still clear or something like that. Anybody else had the same problem? There is any good atomizer for me?
Thanks!

Hi. 5ml is not a lot, so it shouldn't be making your wicks brown/black. It could be that you are over-wicking your coils?
I'm sure you have watched YouTube videos or have been shown how to wick this tank properly, but watching and doing are two different functions. on some tanks I have watched and rewatched videos 10+ times, and still got the wicking wrong. I have sat with the tank in front of me watching the video and pausing while I do certain bits and still got it wrong [emoji23].
Back to what I was saying; it could be that you are putting too much wick in your coil. If it's cotton that your using, then it could be a simple fix of using a tiny bit less. For example : say that the amount you use now is 10, drop to 9. If it's going gurgly with this amount, up to 9.5.
Sorry, this is how I go about things. Simple trial and error.

What juice are you using? Are you getting burnt hits?

well, no, this is not a problem about wicking. As I said, i did hundred of tests, getting almost crazy. You know, I'm not a noob, I vape since 5 YEARS so I know what i'm doing. Those tests were about the amount of cotton ( I saw that is better few cotton instead of much), the screws, the pin, the pressure of orings, the different wires and diameter of coils, etc. After all these (useless) tests, I can say that the atomizer (or a part of it) is the problem. I don't know, maybe is the liquid that cook inside the chamber for the high temperatures. I tried to fix that opening the chimney at minimum, to avoid too much absorbing, without any good results.
I do 2-3 shots per time, idk if this is considered "compulsive vaping" but I don't think so, as I always vaped like this and with ataman i did not have this problem of cotton.
So, I don't know if other people has my same problem with by-ka, but the problem is always there. After 5 ml the cotton is no more clear, almost brown. The heatflux of the coil is perfect, based on website tests (24-34 w/mmq).
The weird thing is that I have no burn hits or bad smells at all, I only have very tasty shots, but only for these 5-6 ml. At 4-5 ml I start to feel a small changing on the flavour, I could keep vaping for the good taste still present, but when I open the chimney and i see all this black, i change the cotton straight away.
Anyone has my same problem? Which is the best rta for my problem?

Last edited:
The juice ports on that thing are tiny. What VG ratio is the juice? What wattage do you vape at?

My Coppervape Skyline does tight MTL and has far larger juice ports. I can easily put well over 10ml of 70VG through it, but it depends on the juice of course.

the vg ratio is normal. I use 45-45-10 percentages, the most balanced one. I always vape at 13-15 w with coil of 2-3 mm ( around 5-6 turns).
I never upside-down the tank before/after refilling. So, I think that the problem is in one of these phrases.
-The liquid cooks in the chimney
- the structure of the atomizer or it's matherials (screws?) produce that
- the oring pressure isn't fluent, causing liquid flux problem (I tried to put few cotton under the orings randomly without changes)

I feel like I am the one with this trouble, like a curse, is there any ka user? What could be wrong, and how to finally find a solutions after YEARS of troubles? I want to wick and think no more about rewicking for few days :(

Last edited:
the vg ratio is normal. I use 45-45-10 percentages, the most balanced one. I always vape at 13-15 w with coil of 2-3 mm ( around 5-6 turns).
I never upside-down the tank before/after refilling. So, I think that the problem is in one of these phrases.
-The liquid cooks in the chimney
- the structure of the atomizer or it's matherials (screws?) produce that
- the oring pressure isn't fluent, causing liquid flux problem (I tried to put few cotton under the orings randomly without changes)

I feel like I am the one with this trouble, like a curse, is there any ka user? What could be wrong, and how to finally find a solutions after YEARS of troubles? I want to wick and think no more about rewicking for few days :(
Have a look in the mouth to lung subforum and you will find many recommendations for MTL tanks that should suit your purpose.

I must admit to never having heard of the tank you are using, so it obviously isn't popular in these parts.

" the liquid cooks in the chimney"

If you are hearing the juice/coil still sizzle after taking a puff then that is what is causing the problem

Try releasing the button before you have finished taking a puff
Then keep taking up Air through the tank to cool the coil

I don't know what to suggest. The cthulhu mini rta is my current pinnacle. It's 2ml but so easy to fill. The dvarw clones from fastech are first class at 5/3.5 or 2ml. I've been using one out and about all week with very well steeped tobacco desert liquid which is dark brown and I've put 15mls through that already and its still going. The berserker offered similarly good wick life.
I'm using simple kanthal 2.5mm coils at 1.1 ohms and always have without the issue's you mention. Hopefully you find a better option.

Well, maybe I found the problem, but I'm not sure and so I ask you. In my life I only tried kanthal d 0,28 and SS 316 0,36. The first one I bought it on ebay 3 years ago from germany, no brand, and the second one is a good brand one. Well, last days I tried again the SS ( I don't use it much because GA are too high so is not comfortable for RTA coils ) with 2mm diameter coil and 7 rounds, and cotton remains clear. I changed cotton and still clear.
Maybe the problem is the kanthal d. I can't find anymore that auction, but maybe you can understand what is the problem in this wire. I don't really know if having a brand wire is better that a wire without brand, because if matherial is the same, I don't think it should change much. But here we go, if a wire (that seems working perfectly because of the correct ohm of coil) could still damage cotton? If yes, for which cause?
Or the SS 316 is just a better wire for coils because it make less dirty the wire itself while vaping? Or for the quality of metal that allow lower/higher temperatures?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom