What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Restricted Lung with Ares 2?

WalterMelon

Initiate
I'm still fairly new to RTAs. I use ~0.8ohm 3mm kanthal coil (26g single or 28-30 twisted) on everything. Ares 2 was my 1st RTA, was way too tight with my coils + 5 outer airflow holes and the cafc open.

I'm looking for coil building or other tips to make the are closer to a restricted lung tank, if that even possible?

*EDIT/ ADD ON question: Has anyone tried (or seen a post about); breaking off the airflow cap inside the ares 2? Or cut open the intake holes, it wouldn't look pretty but the holes are in silicone a scalpel can cut/scoop the 5 holes, make it a slot.

Last edited:
I'd get a DTL tank if I were you, I don't think you'd be happy with the Ares 2. It's not that loose.

Could try a 2.5id and slightly raised (if possible) for less restriction of air passing the coil.

6 wraps 26g kanthal with 2.5id should be around 0.8 ohm

I'd get a DTL tank if I were you, I don't think you'd be happy with the Ares 2. It's not that loose.
I've a few tanks, didn't love the DTLs either, Hellvape MD and Freesia were perfect. Since I already have it, it would be nice to have the Ares in rotation.

I've a few tanks, didn't love the DTLs either, Hellvape MD and Freesia were perfect. Since I already have it, it would be nice to have the Ares in rotation.

Fair enough, I can't dl any of my mouth to lung tanks without slip streaming. It's just not physically possible for me, there's just not enough airflow.

Fair enough, I can't dl any of my mouth to lung tanks without slip streaming. It's just not physically possible for me, there's just not enough airflow.
I have to try smaller coils. As is Ares 2 can't be slip streamed, it's like honey through a straw. It would burn without suction.

Back
Top Bottom