What's new

Refurbished VV Simple EX Polished with stripdown.

So after some advice and useful info from @pdg I managed to strip down my Simple EX last night as it was looking a bit worn and wanted to polish it down to bare metal.

Link to @pdg 's stripdown guide:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...andy-vape-simple-ex-strip-tease.188346/unread

I think it turned out pretty well, I made a few mistakes which I will list below to prevent you making my mistakes.

The Black anodising is very thin so 'Simple' to sand down, I basically hand sanded the anodising off then used a polishing wheel on a cordless drill with appropriate soft metal wax.

Here's some photos:

Simple_EX_Polish-1.jpg
Simple_EX_Polish-2.jpg
Simple_EX_Polish-3.jpg
Simple_EX_Polish-4.jpg

So my mistakes:
Too coarse grip wet and dry made polishing harder work, I recommend starting with 3,000 grit and work down to 5,000 then 7,000 grit.

510 Pin soldering:
Make sure the Positive lead is soldered HORIZONTAL to the positive end of the 510 connector as it fouls when you reassemble otherwise.

It does look decent like that.

I think it definitely needs the black bottle cover to look right though, any of the other colours might make it too 'busy' for me.

I do like that you didn't try to scrape out the recessed name on top too.

Mine is getting some patchy wear around the bottom, so it may get a similar treatment at some point in the future - but I'll have to decide between polished, brushed or another colour...

Crikey Vap, how much time to you put into sanding, buffing, review writing, 3D printing and general vape related tinkery, looks very nice though I really like the polished alloy look, I’ve fancied giving it a go on and old Vaporflask Lite that’s seen better days I even bought a polishing set for my drill about 6 months ago, haven’t got round to it yet though.

You should see my ToDo list :12:

I get sidetracked too easily, it started off by fitting magnets to BB doors prior to Resin Coating, ended up stripping down a DNA200 half way through, got so far and before I knew it I was polishing the Simple EX.

Back onto the DNA now, some dogsnot soldering on the board is shocking and some very odd wiring to the series 18650's, going to have to totally rewire and solder it.

How did you fill your time before you started this vape malarkey, I’ve had a busy afternoon changing a Nauti coil in my Wenebojo BB and now I’ve got the dogs to walk pfft, busy busy busy.
PM,d you

How did you fill your time before you started this vape malarkey, I’ve had a busy afternoon changing a Nauti coil in my Wenebojo BB and now I’ve got the dogs to walk pfft, busy busy busy.
PM,d you
Slow down fella. That's a weekend's worth of work there.

Back
Top Bottom