What's new

Recommend me a vanilla custard

I've been DIYing for two years now and one of the things I have learned is.... If it tastes shit now it will almost certainly taste shit later, as well.

I make dozens and dozens of different custard mixes and not one of them actually need more than just a few days steep. Months later, no difference. I do apologize @DMAN but, this "takes months to steep thing" does my head in. Differences are going to be negligible if any at all.

In fact, I would go as far as saying that, for me, some of my juices start to change in a bad way after a few months (become blander) and I actually much prefer a fresh made batch.
We'll have to disagree then. :D
I've found that it takes ages for custards to develop the 'thickness' I like.

if it tastes shite then its shite full stop.
if its a custard and clear it wont have much taste but will mature within 3 week to a darker colour but it still needs longer. a month to 6 months is best.

if it tastes shite then its shite full stop.
if its a custard and clear it wont have much taste but will mature within 3 week to a darker colour but it still needs longer. a month to 6 months is best.
The legend has spoken and I second the wise words:yoda:

I had a darkstar Nemesis and that took 6 months steeping plus halfway in I added some cosmic strawberry collision before it was any good

I had a darkstar Nemesis and that took 6 months steeping plus halfway in I added some cosmic strawberry collision before it was any good
Hmmm, was looking at that one earlier today, was going to try it as I quite like their strawberry collision. Have you tried their Cerberus? Fancied that one aswell.

Back
Top Bottom