What's new

Recommend me a good value box mod

stewbacca

Achiever
So, after just over a year's faithful service I put my RX200 out to pasture, replaced it with a Primo 2, and also got an AL85, mainly out of curiosity, never had a Smok mod before was thinking about the Alien, and decided to test the water with this.

All was fine until a couple of days ago the 510 on the Primo has started playing silly beggars, couple of toots, then "Atomiser Short". Tried multiple attys on different devices as well as my ohm reader, I definitely don't have a short, also ohms are not reading the same across different devices.

I'm now looking for a cheap/good value dual 18650 box, nothing from Wismec/Joyetec/ELeaf, nothing from Smok either, there's just something I can't put my finger on that I don't like about the AL85.

I think I've narrowed it down to three, Smoant Battlestar, Yosta Livepor 160, or the Voopoo Drag. Ideally I'd like a reliable 510 (I don't have one mod for each atty, so will need to work across a variety of tanks and drippers), no atty gap, and no overhang from a 25mm tank (which probably rules out the Drag).

Does anyone have any experience with any of the above mods, or anything of a similar price I haven't considered?

I don't have the Smoant Battlestar but do have the Smoat Charon. Very solid device if you like the form factor. 25mm sits flush and the 510 can take everything i throw at it lerngth wise.

i'm a physic you have decided on the drag already lol
Actually the drag is bottom of the list, yes it looks nice and sturdy and the 510 looks good, but it's 24mm across with beveled edges so my 25mm attys will overhang.

Yes I know I'm being a compete tart about this.

I do take vic's opinion pretty much has spot on and he rates the Battlestar and works better in TC mode than the wismec in his opinion.

He has only just done a review on it if you want to check it out as for the drag i wouldn't want to use it, looks too nice.

The Drag is an amazing mod for the money, but the overhang of my 24mm rda's is the only negative. I love everything about it but that fucks me right off. Also the 510 on mine is ever so slightly raised too. So, that being said, the next mod I get will probably be the Smoant Charon. Or the Battlestar in the rainbow finish as I have a rainbow Druga that will look the nuts on it.

Back
Top Bottom