What's new

REALLY !! Asmodus Really ??

Two observations about this after actually looking on instagram...

1. In the knife images the ‘ASMODUS’ branding/ name style isn’t even put on the knife hilt in the form of their usual branding/ logo, ie. specific custom typeface inside a circle - usually an inlaid metal ‘button’ or embossed into the material as a stamp.

2. 75% of the comments on it reflect the OP’s point of view here - ie. negative reaction.

It smells.

Hehe, all this #vapemafia lifestyle is incredible popular these days. Besides that, it is not a damascus steel as they state on their instagram :) Maybe it is a pseudo wootz .

Will this knife actually be for sale at Expo? Is says prototype and display in the Instagram post, which suggests to me it won't be. So we have a thread about a knife that won't be for sale, won't be advertised anywhere children can buy it or see it and is probably just a one off showcasing their skills. What is this thread about?

My 2 cents - i'm not looking to undermine anyone else's opinion, this is just me.

Knives are a tool, one of mankinds earliest and useful in a plethora of situations. I always have one on or around me, subject to UK laws. The demonization of knives themselves is missing the point, it is the intent to use one to harm or cause fear in another person that should see the concentration of our efforts. You cannot stop anyone getting a knife if they want one, or a weapon of some sort capable of killing another - your kitchen, your garage both contain potentially lethal weapons. And let's not start on cars. Education and sentencing are the only things that will turn the tide.

For me, this knife is no different to any other kind of merchandise that vape manufacturers might release.

Personally I think it’s a mistake to advertise a knife at the vape show.
I can understand views that it’s fine and the vape show is aimed at adults but it’s nothing to do with vaping and with the recent media coverage of crimes using knives then perhaps it’s a bad marketing decision to say the least.
Media is very quick to pick up on these types of mistakes and turn it around.
I also understand that some like collecting knives and the majority are just collectors and it’s a hobby but I just think this type of product should not be associated with a vape show.

Cant be any worse than tattoos, beards and snapbacks, Shirley?
Agreed, it's just more ammunition for them though. Can see it now, "I had a sub ohm vape and it turned me into a crazy knife wielding lunatic"
And I told you not to call me Shirley, not in public anyway. [emoji1]

Back
Top Bottom