What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

RDA too harsh

Giurra

Postman
Hi
Im using berserker RTA for a long time a like it a lot. Few days back I received berserker RDA v2 and Pulse 2 squonker that I ordered.
The thing is that vape is much harsher on RDA than on RTA and causes me to cough. Im using the very same wire, cotton, wattage and e liquid. Not sure if Im doing something wrong or its just that RDA gives much stronger vape that I feel as too harsh. Any thoughts ?
BTW I used the smallest insert in berserker RDA measuring 1mm if it helps...
Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Have you tried using the other air flow inserts?

@Mitz Thanks. Will try tomorrow since my throat hurts still. Much better than yesterday for sure as im using rta now. Could be a coincidence like some cold or something but will not risk for at least a day just in case.
@zouzounaki yes, the same

did you clean the RDA before using it? ... washed out the squonk bottle etc?

Forgot to mention about the eliquid. 50/50 PG/VG, 1mg nicotine MTL draw.

did you clean the RDA before using it? ... washed out the squonk bottle etc?
Yes, Im little bit OCD so everything is washed in soapy water, then rinsed in clean water, then soaked in clean water again just in case.

@Mitz Thanks. Will try tomorrow since my throat hurts still. Much better than yesterday for sure as im using rta now. Could be a coincidence like some cold or something but will not risk for at least a day just in case.
@zouzounaki yes, the same
I'd definitely try the other inserts and introducing a little more airflow to see if you still have the same issue. A tight draw on some devices can also cause a bit of spitting. I get it with the Hastur mini if the coil is on the larger side and airflow quite tight. Hot spitting juice can cause mouth and throat irritation. If you're still sore then waiting a day or two until it's passed sounds like a very good idea. Vaping should be enjoyable not painful.

Last edited:
I don't have the RDA so can't comment on it's performance. The only suggestion I would add is to look at the coil height. Generally, the higher the coil the more throat hit you get. Try about 2mm above the airhole.

@Mitz will do. Thanks for the suggestion. Will check for spitback, but havent noticed it yet.
@rew will check. If I remember correctly the coil is almost touching the airhole, but will check again.
Noticed something also. Resistance was 1.05 ohm, but jumped to 0.86, then back to 1.05. Could some short be the issue? I will rebuild for sure, but wandering if that is the culpring for harsh vape. Checked and coil is really low, near the air hole and wire does not look like touching any part of the tank bell. Will remove it and put new wire and cotton just to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom