What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

RDA coil advice

Turtlemelon

Initiate
I recently got myself an RDA and have dove straight into making my own coils. It's frustrating to see how I can't make my coils as perfect as how everyone else I see online can.

I just want to show you my coils at the end, most of the time when I'm making coils they usually end up with this result. I'm not really fussed with it but it never really pulses evenly and I always seem to burn out the coil when trying to look for hotspots.

I just wanted to see if there's anything noticeable visually that I've done to my coils that could be avoided. It bugs me that I have gaps in my coils but if it does the job I'm not fussed.

Attachments

• IMG_20190615_161640.jpg
    IMG_20190615_161640.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 396
You arent wrapping tight enough - no worries, its just takes practise. You would be surprised how quick you get it.
Best tip I had so far is not to 'brush' the coil but to squeeze together with ceramic tweezers as evenly as you can. Its really helped me and Im very new too

Just keep practicing. Wrap them tighter and closer together. Eventually you’ll become better at making coils.

Are you taking them off the drill bit or coil jig or whatever before you attach them to the posts? If so, don’t. Leave the coil on the jig while you screw it into place, then position them and slowly pull the jig out.

I always give my legs of the coil a pull with a pair of pliers to pull the coil nice and tight before trimming the legs to fit the RDA posts........

Update:
I've pulsed them a bit more now and they're pulsing at the same time and they don't look as bad as shown before I'll send an image of the end result in a bit

Still ain't perfect but I wanna post more often here whenever I change my coils just so that I can track my coil making progress

Attachments

• IMG_20190615_230108__01.jpg
    IMG_20190615_230108__01.jpg
    944 KB · Views: 351
Back
Top Bottom