What's new

Raising mesh resistance by trimming them

Jd_

Achiever
Is this true? Can i raise the resistance buy trimming them narrow? Will cutting them in half double the resistance? Trying to get between .3 and .5 ohms. And how easy is this to do?

Is this true? Can i raise the resistance buy trimming them narrow? Will cutting them in half double the resistance? Trying to get between .3 and .5 ohms. And how easy is this to do?
One way would be to run 2 strips in series to double the ohm but only Steamcrave have a deck capable & that only fits the 41mm Titan.
Why do you want higher resistance anyway. By it's nature mesh requires less power to heat up anyway with most running ok from 40w up.

Edited; brain fart.

Last edited:
Because i dont really understand mesh i guess. I'm currently using a factory mesh coil at 67 watts and my battery seem to be lasting longer than a gt ccell2 at 35 watts

One way would be to run 2 strips in series to double the ohm but only Steamcrave have a deck capable & that only fits the 41mm Titan.
Why do you want higher resistance anyway. By it's nature mesh requires less power to heat up anyway with most running ok from 40w up.

Edited; brain fart.
Because i dont really understand mesh i guess. I'm currently using a factory mesh coil at 67 watts and my battery seem to be lasting longer than my gt ccell2 at 35 watts

trimming what?... the mesh is in effect cotton...so standard rules apply

Because i dont really understand mesh i guess. I'm currently using a factory mesh coil at 67 watts and my battery seem to be lasting longer than my gt ccell2 at 35 watts
Mesh has a large surface area in contact with cotton & juice. This helps to prevent burning as airflow & fresh juice help to keep it cool. Reduce the amount of mesh & overheating & flooding could happen. If your using stock fresh coils it's not possible to remove any mesh. On a rebuildable it's possible but nothing I've tried or contemplated as I just adjust airflow to lower/increase power/heat.

Back
Top Bottom