What's new

QUESTION about: Vivi Nova and Clear Tanks in general.

lenwe

Initiate
Hey all,

After 6 weeks of vaping I can clearly say that I'm well equipped on the battery/mod and on the liquid side for now. But I still have a problem about atomizers which I couldn't solve since day one! I've tried three different clear tank cartomizers so far and all of them are constantly leaking. I somehow manage to shield the battery with using a 510 to 510 adapter but leaking to the mouth- I hate this and I can't solve it.

I've tried SmokTech CE4, SmokTech DCT XL 6ml and the new thin Boge 510. All of them- leaked from the mouth side. Now I'm considering to buy a Vivi Nova but I'm really afraid since it's a clear tank system too. I always go back to using EgoC Tank (A type-Cone) and atomizer- which surprisingly never leaked and works perfectly however I still think that the flavours are a bit muted on this one. So here I am looking to improve this..

Can Vivi be my non-leaking saviour? Or am I just using these clearomizers totally wrong??

Things to keep in mind about my usage;

1) I use 55pg/35vg liquids.
2) I use the batteries around 3.5 to 4.2v's
3) I take really hard and long drags. (5 to 7 seconds.)
4) I vape around in 3-5 minute sessions but take series of long drags repeatedly so I tend to heat the systems a lot.

If you think these could be the problem, please also consider that the egoC tank system is handling these really well.

I really hope that I'll stop being really unlucky with clear tanks with the help of PoTV. Sorry for the long post and thanks a bunch in advance. :)

If youre getting leakage through the mouth piece you may be overfilling them or laying them on their sides and that is allowing the juice to enter the mouth piece Most tank systems (except a DCC or Boge inside a tank) shouldnt be laid down as the juice will come out.

If you are getting juice out the bottom of the carto and its not at the seam where the plastic meets the metal base, but from the hole from where the threading is, you are most definitely over filling them.

I've never tried any of the devices you listed, so can't compare. But I can say that a genuine Vision ViviNova is a joy to use. No leakage, great vape, cheap replacement heads and if you learn how to rewick it yourself from one of the many Youtube vids on te subject (I recommend Romastino's one, only cos that's how I learned), really, really cheap to run. To clean it out, you just have to strip it down (intuitive and easy) and run it under a hot tap and leave to dry. It really is my favourite bit of all round vaping kit. Yes 306's give better flavour and vape, as does a well made genesis coil (which I only mastered about 20 mins ago thanks to Todd's drillbit vid) but for ease of use with a more than passable standard of vape, Vivi's just cannot be beat in my opinion.

I use mini vivi's on my ego's and apart from a few condensation in the drip tip hits (this might be the problem it does taste strongly) no problems, you might try less fierce drags as well it might be pulling liquid through :)

KulrMeStoopid :cough: They just drip from the mouthpiece and yes I always leave them on side.. That seems like the explanation eh? Lord Grim - I'll definitely watch that video and give Vivi a try, thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah try resting them with the drip tip elevated. Also, if you take strong heavy drags, you could be pulling liquid up and out too :)

I stopped using atty/cartridge tank systems because I got juice in my mouth. Since then I've used CE4 and CE5 clearos, vivi novas, vivi 'R' and now genesis type, one with a clear tank.
The only leaks I've ever had is when a juice cracked the plastic of a clearo and then it left me with a mystery of disapparing juice and wet fingers, no more
genie should keep all juice away as the only hole is through the wick, but that's usually a mesh wick you make yourself, so you have to learn a couple of new tricks.
I do sometimes leave my clearos on their side and have never got juice in my mouth. I can't stand the vivi novas upright because my cat thinks it's a wonderful game to knock them over.

You don't need to take hard drags on an atty, they're best not used the same way as a cigarette. With a genesis type you get hardly any vapour if you do that, even.
It may be that the hard drags are sucking juice up. Apart from the advice to stand them upright, I suggest you take longer, softer drags.
But I think all of this has already been said.

I get leaks from the bottom of my nova, dct, and kanger t3, all manageable, all good devices, and I can't get enough of the dct, so I suffer for love. Usually the leaking occurs as the tanks get lower in juice, so I blame everything on condensation, which, oddly, makes me feel a tad British.
Still, you know, I am quite new to this, as many of us are, these are aspects of this vaping phenomenon which will get better with time, with use, intuition, and even advancing tech coming into play.

I've had problems with condensation with some items.
Not long after I started I had a fondness for megacarts and it was ridiculous how often the condensation built up and got in my mouth.
The Vivi Nova doesn't do it (in my experience) and the smaller mini Nova doesn't as far as I know. They use the same replacement heads so one of each gives a bit of versatility.

Condensation can also build up in the ego-c tanks unfortunately. Right at the hole where the vapour comes out. If this happens just give a gentle bite at the mouth end of the tank and a small plastic bit pops out. Be very careful not to swallow it lol. This stops the build up. I prefer these tanks without this little piece.

Using so many 306 attys as I do I get liquid fizzing into my mouth fairly often, I've got used to it I think.

I'm 2 months in to vaping and have tried a few tanks systoms but I have stuck with the vivi nova as it works perfect for me and I find it very easy to rewick and coil. I watched Todd's video on making a stainless steel mesh wick and it works a treat. The vivi nova is cheap and probably the best budget tank thingie out there in my very novis opinion

Back
Top Bottom