What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Pyrex tanks for Vision Vivi Novas

Bryan123456

Achiever
Does anyone know if anyone's manufacturing these. I have a metal one, but prefer to see how much juice I have and how moist the wicks are.

I am about to mix some vapes containing Malic Acid and this is known to crack cheap and nasty polycarbonate.

I don't think that you can get pyrex ones because of the need for threading... I think Vogel at Alba Vapours had looked into it when they first came out.
Cheers,
DocVape

Thanks Doc. An alternative might be a tank that takes the Vivi Nova heads in Pyrex?

I had, had similar thoughts about a tank working on the same principle. But if a modder is going to make something along those lines they may as well make the whole thing rather than a design that uses the precoiled heads. Would be good to see a modder copying (and ultimately improving) a Chinese product for a change!
Cheers,
DocVape

The thing is, won't it start getting into expense? And the whole joy of Vivis is that they are awesome FOR THE MONEY. There are already modders making very good rebuildable tank atomisers, they are just a lot dearer than vivis. To just make an expensive version of it with top grade materials isn't really progress in my book, it's just doing it for the sake of it. I'd still probably buy one though.

But are there any mod made rebuildables with a top coil setup like the Vivi? I can't think of one off the top of my head. I like the warmth of this vape in comparison to my more expensive penelope.
Also not sure why a mod made product must be seen as progress? I am sure there are tweaks that could be made to improve the design, but the fact that the original design works well but is made with cheaper grade products is reason enough in my book to have a go at making one that might last a while longer.
Cheers,
DocVape

*edit* Just thought of one - Clockworks rta I guess. Never owned one so cant comment on the vape

Last edited:
I like Vivi Novas - end of. I am not a fan or re-wicking and rewiring. I have one RDA and it's great but not the refettling job. Vivi Nova heads are cheap n good, the polypropylene though is its weakness.

It's not that I wouldn't like to see a top spec Vivi, as I said, I would probably buy one, it's more that I want to protect the cheaper one. I love vivi's to bits and would be gutted if they were eclipsed by something not better, but better quality. If they could exist side by side, I'd be happy enough...

I think these may be what you are looking for Bryan
http://alba-vapours.co.uk/dual-coil-tanks

Nice tanks but I think he is looking specifically for a glass tank to fit a Vivi Nova.

That said...

Rather than reinvent the Vivi Nova, hows about a way of converting carto tanks!!!

The vivi heads screw in to a 510 connection so would screw on to a 510 extension, put that in any carto tank and all you need is something to allow vapour out the drip tip without letting liquid out the end of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom