What's new

ProTank 2 Bogging out ????

Bubba

Postman
Hi all, A little help or advice needed.

Got my Kanger PT2 yesterday and today i put some Mad Murdock in to christen her it was all good for a while but now it just keeps flooding with very little vapour. only using a little eGo-W with it and the resistance is 2.5ohm on the cartomiser.... my cheapy ce4 clearomiser is proving much better. HELP. want a Mod but have no idea what. have ordered sum thing from fastech but from what I've read could be waiting till christamas.

ATB
Bub

Last edited:
I have a similar experience apart from I replaced the 2.5ohm head with one of my 1.8 ohm from a H2. Vamping is quite laboured but I do get good vapour eventually.

I think it is quite thick for me and I want to add a drop of distilled water to see if it improves things

I have a similar experience apart from I replaced the 2.5ohm head with one of my 1.8 ohm from a H2. Vamping is quite laboured but I do get good vapour eventually.

I think it is quite thick for me and I want to add a drop of distilled water to see if it improves things

For an eGo battery I'd try a lower ohm head like 1.8. What PG/VG ratio is Mad Murdoch's juice? I'd have thought maybe 50/50. I use an eVod which is pretty much the same coil setup and make my own around 1.8.

If I use GVC which is also 50/50 it's fine even on a normal 650mah battery, I use a VV normally though.

If it keeps flooding it could be airflow, is it really hard to draw on? if so try loosening the tank a quarter turn...

@Tubbyengineer I would say it's more the viscosity of the pluid more than airflow.

Quite possibly, which is why I asked if it was really hard to draw on, as if not airflow would be fine and viscosity would be at fault but if you block the airflow as I do intentionally sometimes the only thing left to give is the juice in the tank, which then floods the coil, besides wouldnt highly viscous fluid reduce the wicking and create dry hits?

From experience of the same juice in the same tank. I have had many other juices and no issue, using the same device and voltage the airflow is reduced only for this liquid which leads me to viscosity rather than another issue.

It does not give dry hits, rather it is tougher to inhale in general. I will grab some dilutant and see if it makes any difference

Pluid is almost certainly 70/30 PG/VG it's very similar thickness to WizMix liquids. Not sure about other Murdock stuff.

If your PT is flooding then it's usually down to user error. When you fill a PT you need to set it up so that the centre post is filled with air and the only liquid that gets into the centre post seeps in via the wicks. There needs to be enough air in there to stop the liquid forcing it's way in.

Think of a drinking straw in a glass of water. If you just put the straw in it'll fill up with liquid. If you put your finger over the end of the straw the air in the straw can't escape and so no liquid gets into the straw. The same kind of thing is going on inside a ProTank.

It's really easy when you fill one to miss and get some liquid down the centre channel, and that'll mess up the pressure thing that's going on and it'll flood, and your vape will suck.

You can fix this by 'blowing the tank out' after each fill. Hold tank upside down so the air bubble inside the tank is where the wicks are and blow through the mouthpiece - this blows out any liquid in the centre channel and sets up the centre air thing properly. (hold some paper towel over the screw thread end to catch the liquid you're blowing out!)

If you do this and it still leaks then you have airflow problems and not enough air is getting in and when your drawing you're also drawing in too much liquid. Or the head is borked, or you've not screwed the head into the base tightly enough.

Also if you're using a 2.8ohm head on a fixed voltage eGo then you're only getting about 5w of power. This will mean your vape is very weak and you might be pulling too hard to try and compensate. If it's a VV eGo then you'll be wanting to bump the power up to 4.8v (which is as high as they go) if you like a 7.5w ish vape and you'll drain your batteries a lot faster. Try using heads around about 2ohms max for best results.

Thanks for al the replies and advice. I've sorted the issue out. it was indeed a ack of are flow. i found that winding the atty back off the ego one turn and locking it in place with the beauty ring gave a lot more draw and no more flooding.

Back
Top Bottom