What's new

Problem with Burning

LibbyF

Hello all, I started vaping about a month ago now but am having a repetitive problem I'm hoping to get some advice on. Basically my juice is burning, and then solidifying into a gel round the wick, creating a really nasty taste. I'm using an eGo 510 with a ce5 clearomiser. I've also had the same problem with the clearomiser I was using before which was just an unbranded one from the place I got some juice from. I've been using juice from three different vendors (all ones recommended here on this forum) so am almost entirely positive it's not a juice issue.

I'm really hoping this is a frequent issue with an easy fix! I was using a dual coil cartomizer previously and didn't get any burning, but also got less flavour and vapour.

Would appreciate any help or suggestions anyone has to give!

Sally

How old is it and how often have you cleaned it?

Hi LibbyF, and welcome to POTV ;)

Couple of questions: Do you know what vg/pg ratio your juice is, and how it is produced? Some juices will clog wicks quicker than others, especially the more organic juices. The thicker the juice (which will be a higher vg content), the more time it takes a wick to bed, also.
Do you give your clearos a rinse after a few days to a week with constant use? This may help prolong their lives, they are disposables, but treat them well, and they can run a while.
Are you vaping at vv, and if so, at high temps?

Hello, thanks for the welcome, firstly the clearomiser is brand new, so never cleaned it.

Merino, I get them at 70vg/30pg as I seem to remember reading that higher vg = more vapour? I've not really had a chance to give them a rinse as this is happening immediately, like after 3 'puffs'.

Is VV variable voltage? If so nope am not.

Thanks!

Last edited:
What juice is it, if I may ask? I am not an expert here, with the clearos, but I would leave that about 20 minutes to wick in, though burnt tastes can be a mare to get rid off...I would say that 70vg could be a bit too thick for clearos, but other people would probably correct me on that.

To me it sounds like you aren't letting the wick get wet before taking a drag on it.

You have to fill them and let them sit for a little bit. Maybe swirling them around a wee bit to aid the juice getting into the wick, to the coil.

The CE5's are rebuildable, so you can take them apart. Pull one apart, remove the silicone cap on the top and have a look at the coil inside. Are they touching each other? If everything looks "normal" drip a drop of juice directly onto the coil, a drop to each strand coming out of the head.

Put it all back together, refill and wait a few mins, giving the clearo a swirl, a tilt, a shake.

Try it :)

Back
Top Bottom