What's new

Predicament - where next on my vape journey...

Dtpumbationz

Postman
Hi all - hope all you apes are well and enjoying a fine Sunday morning!

As the title suggests, I'm in a little predicament as to where to go on my next vaping journey and hoping to get peoples suggestions or advice, of course all of it being subjective.

I started off 6 or so months ago on a Kroma A/Zeinth tank set up and progressed eventually to my Pulse 80w with RDA's. Had the Recurve, Drop, Gas Mods GR1 and now loving the 5A's Basic 1.1 RDA. I have progressively moved to my low profile single coil atty's making my own coils and loving the flavour hits!

Now as most of you know, it doesn't always stop there - not for me anyway. I've been looking at moving / changing my vape setup as I like to try out something new to build up more experience. And here lies my options:

1. I have been thinking of moving to a mech as I would love to gain more experience on that side of the fence and try a different side to vaping. I have been looking at the Lost Vape Furyan as I like the Ultem, the simplicity and the lock switch. And think will work great with my Basic RDA! But from what I've heard from others is, as the battery depletes - so does the hit and thats something that may put me off, I just don't know how big of a factor this is.

2. Getting the Topside Dual - as I love the concept of the convenience for the top fill / the 10ml bottle and the dual batteries. What I'm not sure about is how my little flavour banger will look on it (will it be lost like a tiny little nipple on a big boob?!). And the other point that pushes me to option 1 again, is that I won't get the experience of the mech - that direct pure hit!

In an ideal world I'd get both, but just having a baby (hence getting off the stinkies successfully :D) - I can't afford both...not just yet anyway!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts guys. TIA

Hi all - hope all you apes are well and enjoying a fine Sunday morning!

As the title suggests, I'm in a little predicament as to where to go on my next vaping journey and hoping to get peoples suggestions or advice, of course all of it being subjective.

I started off 6 or so months ago on a Kroma A/Zeinth tank set up and progressed eventually to my Pulse 80w with RDA's. Had the Recurve, Drop, Gas Mods GR1 and now loving the 5A's Basic 1.1 RDA. I have progressively moved to my low profile single coil atty's making my own coils and loving the flavour hits!

Now as most of you know, it doesn't always stop there - not for me anyway. I've been looking at moving / changing my vape setup as I like to try out something new to build up more experience. And here lies my options:

1. I have been thinking of moving to a mech as I would love to gain more experience on that side of the fence and try a different side to vaping. I have been looking at the Lost Vape Furyan as I like the Ultem, the simplicity and the lock switch. And think will work great with my Basic RDA! But from what I've heard from others is, as the battery depletes - so does the hit and thats something that may put me off, I just don't know how big of a factor this is.

2. Getting the Topside Dual - as I love the concept of the convenience for the top fill / the 10ml bottle and the dual batteries. What I'm not sure about is how my little flavour banger will look on it (will it be lost like a tiny little nipple on a big boob?!). And the other point that pushes me to option 1 again, is that I won't get the experience of the mech - that direct pure hit!

In an ideal world I'd get both, but just having a baby (hence getting off the stinkies successfully :D) - I can't afford both...not just yet anyway!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts guys. TIA
Congrats on the new arrival :)

The Furyan isn't a mech, it has a mosfet fitted, and it's prone to juice getting on to the board causing it to auto fire - there was a thread on FB the other day discussing them and quite a few reported having had this issue with the Furyan, so I wouldn't recommend it TBH.

I love small mech squonkers though and use a Runt Tini as my daily vape - it's a brilliant wee thing, simple as anything and nothing to go wrong, it's also got full silver contacts so performances is excellent and maintenance is minimal. But yes, the vape output does decrease as your battery power reduces - the trick is nailing your build to give you a good vape across the life of the battery. I run a single coil Wotofo Nudge 22mm on my Tini, I find 0.2-0.22 to be about perfect for the way I vape - it's a wee bit feisty on a fresh cell but drops off to a perfect vape for me. I had to rebuild it last night and I meant to add a half wrap on the pre-built coil I was using, for whatever reason I removed a half wrap instead and it came in at 0.18, way too feisty and I'll need to rebuild it again. But it serves to show that fairly small resistance changes can have a big difference in output on a mech, finding your/the attys sweetspot is all part of the fun :D I generally get through about 15ml of liquid and use two 2500mAh cells per day - but you need to be pretty fastidious as a mech user, double check everything when you change something, for example making sure the battery is in the correct way around after a change, or that the contacts are in the right place after refilling the squonk bottle. Mines also lives in the inside pocket of my jacket when out and about, with nothing else in there, ever! I don't have a lock on my Tini but I've never had a pocket-fire incident with it - had a fair few with regulated mods despite them going in my pocket locked!

I'm not on the PC at the moment, and the name of the bloody mod escapes me at the moment, but there's a cheap but decent full mech Chinese squonker for circa £20 (Azeroth maybe!) that has a switch lock and is a sturdy metal box - maybe worth getting one of those as a first foray in to mech squonking? I'll dig out a link for one and post it.

Geekvape Athena is the squonker I think @stevoknevo is referring to. Solid mod and a good one to learn the basics on. Been on sale over here for £20 as well & comes with the Athena RDA. I'll also agree with Steve regarding the Runts, got 3 so must be good :D.

Geekvape Athena is the squonker I think @stevoknevo is referring to. Solid mod and a good one to learn the basics on. Been on sale over here for £20 as well & comes with the Athena RDA. I'll also agree with Steve regarding the Runts, got 3 so must be good :D.
You're a mind reader dude, it was indeed the Geekvape Athena :D They're £24 delivered on Ebay, make sure to buy some different bottles for it as the supplied ones are pants!

I bought a Runt Arc full mech the other day, bargain at £55 - been away on holiday and expected a red card as seller posted it Wednesday, nowt :( Hopefully show up tomorrow.

@stealthvape Goldilocks work fine.
Runt Arc is a nice mod, got one on release & Rob does the doors as well. Hope you enjoy it.
Keeping an eye out for a V2 then I think I'm done :D

Make sure you pick up the Athena kit as the rda would be being hailed as the best around if it had a "luxury" maker's name on it.

You're a mind reader dude, it was indeed the Geekvape Athena :D They're £24 delivered on Ebay, make sure to buy some different bottles for it as the supplied ones are pants!

I bought a Runt Arc full mech the other day, bargain at £55 - been away on holiday and expected a red card as seller posted it Wednesday, nowt :( Hopefully show up tomorrow.

Make sure you pick up the Athena kit as the rda would be being hailed as the best around if it had a "luxury" maker's name on it.
Never got on with myself, but plenty of people rated it.

Never got on with myself, but plenty of people rated it.
I've got hellfire sentinel's, o atty's, soul s, convergent, airlab's, hadalys, recurves... damn it you name it I've tried or got it and a single brochrome coil in that athena blew me away. Obviously it came as a kit and in my experiences, you may as well throw the supplied rda in the bin as it's gonna be awful so my expectations couldn't have been lower.
Really surprised me but as you say. You can never call it for everyone.
Definitely worth paying the extra couple of quid (literally these days) to try the full kit.

I'd steer clear of the Furyan personally. It is a full mech, looks nice, feels solid etc. etc. I have 2, SS/black and copper/black. The contacts fired intermittently, and needed filing a little as they were pitted. The copper needed bending to get better movement too. Needs frequent stripping for cleaning, and is a pain in the arse to disassemble, with small easy to lose parts. The threads on one of the connecting rods were stripped out of the box. Contacted both Lost Vape and FT, several times, and no reply from either, so they can both fek off.

I'd steer clear of the Furyan personally. It is a full mech, looks nice, feels solid etc. etc. I have 2, SS/black and copper/black. The contacts fired intermittently, and needed filing a little as they were pitted. The copper needed bending to get better movement too. Needs frequent stripping for cleaning, and is a pain in the arse to disassemble, with small easy to lose parts. The threads on one of the connecting rods were stripped out of the box. Contacted both Lost Vape and FT, several times, and no reply from either, so they can both fek off.
I've been a tad disappointed with the shift from classy design's from lost vape to the faux panel'd station wagon designs currently but the furyan was by far their biggest mis step.

Back
Top Bottom