What's new

Pre Mixed base VG/PG question

Greenkeeper12

Initiate
Hi,
I have been mixing my own juices for about 9 months and have just ordered a pre mix base 40pg/60vg having previously bought pg and vg seperately.

When using an e juice calculator am I right in assuming that I add together the pg and vg base totals together?

e.g the calculator states 10ml pg and 8ml vg so I would add 18ml of the pre mix base.

Apologies if a stupid question but just wanted confirmation.

Stay safe everyone during the current Corona Virus outbreak.

Hi,
I have been mixing my own juices for about 9 months and have just ordered a pre mix base 40pg/60vg having previously bought pg and vg seperately.

When using an e juice calculator am I right in assuming that I add together the pg and vg base totals together?

e.g the calculator states 10ml pg and 8ml vg so I would add 18ml of the pre mix base.

Hi. Your right in saying you add the two totals together for the overall base mix quantity BUT you would not end up with the correct pgvg ratio because your adding a 40/60 ratio base mix.
What are your requirements for your mix?

Hi,

Hi, use this calculator https://ecigvape.com/e-liquid-combining-calculator input your 18ml at 40pg/60vg name it base......add all your other ingredients in mls and ratios.... and it will work out your final ratio mix.
This is also a shortfill calculator.

Hi. Your right in saying you add the two totals together for the overall base mix quantity BUT you would not end up with the correct pgvg ratio because your adding a 40/60 ratio base mix.
What are your requirements for your mix?
Thanks for your reply. I normally have 40% PG, 60%VG 3% nic using 72mg VG nicotine and PG based flavours in which the % varies, in my juices.

Thanks to all for your replies. I'll just live with the PG/VG ratios being slightly out using the base mix until it runs out and go back to separate VG and PG. Might have to experiment with the flavour percentage.

Thanks for your reply. I normally have 40% PG, 60%VG 3% nic using 72mg VG nicotine and PG based flavours in which the % varies, in my juices.
I'm guessing you mean you vape at a 40PG/60VG ratio?
What bottle size or juice quantity are you trying to mix? Reason I'm asking is your 18ml pgvg quantity doesn't add up.
You have 72mg vg nic, pg flavours, you want 3mg nic strength and want a 40pg/60vg ratio is that correct?
Let me know the mix size and I will work out how much pgvg you will need by using your 40/60 base mix.

Hi Richard,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, that's correct. Mix size is 100ml and flavour @ 7%.
I would be interested in how you work out the pg/vg base mix, if possible. Much appreciate your input.

Input your requirements into a calculator and it will tell you the following amounts.
Only thing it wont auto calculate is when using a combined base mix.
For what u desire from previous message your results will be
Nic = 4.17ml
Flavour = 7ml
Pg = 33ml, vg =55.83ml, total base mix =88.83ml.
Buy putting 88.83ml of your 40/60 base mix will give you your right amount of base mix for approx 40/60 ratio.
Hope that makes sense.
Do buy separate pg and vg next time as it makes it so much easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Richard. So what I asked in my first post is correct. The above figures you have given are what I use when using PG and VG as separate fluids but I assume the pg/vg ratio will not be spot on 40pg/60vg as you previously stated, but I can live with that.

Back
Top Bottom